Thomas & Friends


Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#1
My kid's Thomas the Train & Friends set. :bsmilie:
Any advise welcome!

#1 - Thomas


#2 - Donald


#3 - Henry


#4 - Ben
 

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#3
ortega said:
for #1 and #2, you need to be careful of the bg
and try to fill the frame with your subject.
#2 bg was intentional. But seems like not a good idea eh... ;p

Will take note in future. Thanks for the tips.
 

ptan55

New Member
Mar 28, 2006
134
0
0
#4
What lens were you using?
It is either my eyes or the images appear a little soft or out of focus?

Patrick
 

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#5
Was using my 50mm f1.8 and trying out with a shallow dof (f2.8). Only the face of the train is supposed to be sharp, at least that's what I intended... :embrass:

Except for #4 which I added film grain to hide the patchy bg...
 

ptan55

New Member
Mar 28, 2006
134
0
0
#6
Hey, I looked at your gallery.

I liked this pic.
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/507/chilling_out.jpg

Just need to photoshop out the glass of iced coffee and it would be great...
If you like this type of photography, you might want to take a look at the Nikkor-Micro lenses.
They are very sharp and have a nice bokeh

Patrick
 

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#7
ptan55 said:
Hey, I looked at your gallery.

I liked this pic.
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/507/chilling_out.jpg

Just need to photoshop out the glass of iced coffee and it would be great...
If you like this type of photography, you might want to take a look at the Nikkor-Micro lenses.
They are very sharp and have a nice bokeh

Patrick
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for viewing my gallery! I'm still new to photography and haven't really decided what I want to shoot yet. :dunno:

Only when I improve on my photography skills will I think about getting better lenses. Unless the BBB virus stikes... :sweat:
 

paxluv

New Member
Nov 26, 2005
258
0
0
California, USA
#8
These are very nice! I like the first two a lot... good colors...The Ben train looks a bit nervous...:)
 

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#9
paxluv said:
These are very nice! I like the first two a lot... good colors...The Ben train looks a bit nervous...:)
Thanks for viewing!

Ben has got a twin ;) And Donald as well. Will post those up once I get round to shooting them.
 

ptan55

New Member
Mar 28, 2006
134
0
0
#10
superfly said:
Thanks for viewing!

Ben has got a twin ;) And Donald as well. Will post those up once I get round to shooting them.
Are you a train collector? Are these your son's toys or yours??? ;) :D

Patrick
 

superfly

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
225
0
0
Jurong West
#11
ptan55 said:
Are you a train collector? Are these your son's toys or yours??? ;) :D

Patrick
My son is the real train collector, I just pay for it... :cry:
Very often, he'll remind me which character is not in his collection and bug me for it... :sweatsm:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom