paxluv

Nov 26, 2005
California, USA
Wes.jpg

Wes Bryant, Wakeboarder
Lake Havasu City, Arizona (USA).

Under eikin's guidelines:) :

1. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work:

I am working on improving my sport photography and as a wakeboarder, flips like these are difficult to land and people that can do it are very much admired. It took many times before I got a photo of him flipped like that. Most of the time he is on one side or landing. I hope to achieve a feeling of anti-gravity and adventure.

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken (physical conditions/emotions):

Lake Havasu's average temperature on the water this week was 111 degrees farenheight. You get on the wakeboard and it's like sitting in your car with the heat on full blast wearing a scarf, coat and beanie. Even the water is warm. I was sitting on the stern of the boat, bouncing up and down over wakes caused by other boats and trying to keep my camera dry. It was very difficult keeping the wakeboarder in the frame.

3. what the critique seeker personally think of the picture:

It would have been better if he was straight up and down... he's still a little crooked. He's a little out of focus, because I had it on automatic and it tends to pick out the larger masses (mountains) and focus on those. You do what you can.

ah ... they're just suggestions, not guidelines :embrass: the information do give me much insight into the kind of situation one deals with to get the shot. but i'll have to apologise as i know nothing about this area of photography and so can't be of any help for you. there are some avid sports photography enthusiasts around, maybe you'll like to pm them to solicit some feedback ;)

Nice, being and avid sports person myself, I enjoy looking at "action picutres." Its never easy capturing people in action, especially extrem sports. So much of unpredictable movements. Really like this picture.

heh, from the looks of that, i take it he didnt land it?
struggling to figure out exactly what he was trying to do tho. looks like a heelside approach, but not sure how he got that angle..

nice picture with the background. but face looks a little oof?

He did land it, Jdredd. I agree, the face looks a bit weird and out of focus. Thank you for the feed back :)

great capture of the moment. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.