longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Found these shots from PhotoMalaysia
http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28475&page=2

DSCF7571.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

zun bo??:bigeyes:
well, he only showed that he washed k10D with water.. hehe.. but didn't show if it's working after that..

if it's that good, next time when i'm caught in the rain, no need to run already..
:bsmilie:

That K10D belongs to a nature photographer in Malaysia.

THis is a picture by my Sabah friend Rabani. He's a nature/jungle photographer and he's the first one that introduced me to K10D. He tested the camera and gear for 6 days in condition of drizzle in the jungle and it passed the test. I saw his photos and I was impressed. Here's what has happened to his K10D beofre.

Bani, I hope you don't mind.

Snowywolf, don't do the same with normal lens. It's better to do this only when you have DA*

Now those in Malaysia will have to be extra careful when buying 2nd hand DA 16-45s :bsmilie:

Now that's really something. :thumbsup: Equipment is to be used and such extreme field testing will no doubt inspire confidence on the ruggedness and reliability of the K10D. Those who baby their equipment will no doubt cringe when seeing this. :bsmilie:

I bought K10D for reason like this & I kept going on for DA* lens for the same reason:bsmilie:

Shriro should do ads or demo of K10D like this;)

:eek: :eek: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Olympus fanboys will be here any minute thumping and beating their chests yelling "BEEN THERE DONE THAT" :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bigeyes: I don't think i want to get caught in that kind of situation.:bsmilie:

I bought K10D for reason like this & I kept going on for DA* lens for the same reason:bsmilie:

Shriro should do ads or demo of K10D like this;)

Haha... This will push the sales of K10D up as more people will remember the ad they saw and ask for the "Resistant" camera in the shops :bsmilie:

they should use these photos as advertisement......:eek::thumbsup:

If Shirio does that, then they will be in deep trouble. Imagine all the ppl coming back with 'mistreated' K10D, asking for a full warranty because after dropping it in water/mud/rock etc, it doesn't work anymore!:eek:

:nono: Advertisment should not mislead the customers.

But it realli happened and the cam was good to go after that still.

BTW since when advert Didn't mislead. :think:

BTW since when advert Didn't mislead. :think:

There was a case in USA. Mazda had to refund the buyers and owners of RX8 because the ads stated the RX8 to have 6 more horsepower than it actually has. A lawsuit followed.

This may not happen in Singapore, but still....

Here the big businesses can get away with misleading customers and what can consumers do? Seek the bogus 'consumer association' aka CASE for help? Best thing to do is to expose the story on the internet (forums, website, blogs etc...)

I don't think its misleading, just that they need to emphasise this is true only if you use the K10D with the DA* lenses. While the K10D is weather-sealed, the current range of lenses are not.

Shriro should do ads likes;

All photographers kept all their camera & lens in the rain during a sport event, only the photographers with the K10D & DA* have the ability to use for that kind of situations.;p

Shriro should do ads likes;

All photographers kept all their camera & lens in the rain during a sport event, only the photographers with the K10D & DA* have the ability to use for that kind of situations.;p

It's a F1 race in Singapore, all photographers with hugh lenses and expensive tripod. Then a chio lady in gorgeous white dress comes along with a k10d & DA* lens which is more compact & smaller than others (somemore no tripod).

Suddenly it started to rain, the other photographers now busy taking out plastic bag, raincoats to cover their cameras. A winning shot just pass them by while they are busy. Only that lady all drench in that translucent wet white dress managed to get that winning shot.:bsmilie:

Got fast cars, sexy babe and a powerful Pentax camera;)

It's a F1 race in Singapore, all photographers with hugh lenses and expensive tripod. Then a chio lady in gorgeous white dress comes along with a k10d & DA* lens which is more compact & smaller than others (somemore no tripod).

Suddenly it started to rain, the other photographers now busy taking out plastic bag, raincoats to cover their cameras. A winning shot just pass them by while they are busy. Only that lady all drench in that translucent wet white dress managed to get that winning shot.:bsmilie:

Got fast cars, sexy babe and a powerful Pentax camera;)

WOW! fast cars:lovegrin:, sexy babe:lovegrin: and a powerful Pentax camera:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.