Visit site
Cyber-shot® DSC-W50 Digital Cameraspacer DSC-W50

Canon PowerShot A620

Canon PowerShot A540

Canon PowerShot S80

Canon PowerShot A700

Fujifilm F11

Fujifilm E900

assuming budget not a issue .. but need a camera that is relatively handy, and taking of people subject in dim light .. as in street / night scene, etc ... relatively good battery life .. at least 250 shots and up...

which is a better camera .. Thanks

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of using the Fujifilm F11, but I have read that one of its greatest assets is its high ISO of 1600. Shooting at 1600 will give you a lot more flexibility in lighting.

singapurasteve said:
I don't have any first-hand knowledge of using the Fujifilm F11, but I have read that one of its greatest assets is its high ISO of 1600. Shooting at 1600 will give you a lot more flexibility in lighting.

Provided that the shots taken at ISO 1600 are not noisy. :)

Canew said:
Provided that the shots taken at ISO 1600 is not noisy. :)

I feel this noise thing is really an overexpectation. If you shoot film at 1600, you do expect some kind of grains, and it should not be any different for Digital.

hmm so which of the camera listed above would be a better choice

The S80 is a good choice.. it is small and can take great pictures!

But since its for dim pictures and night shooting.. the F11/F30 is a good choice..

seems that most people points to F11 .. but i need a camera by early April for my Tour to Eastern Europe .. so should i still buy a F11 ??? btw is the E900 newer than F11 ??? Thanks

If it is for low light and night shooting, you are better off taking your photos with a tripod. Using high ISO will only degrade the quality of your image and increase the graininess. With the few cameras you have in mind, you can easily lug along a small and light tripod for your trip. Nothing can beat a tripod when taking night photography.

My personal preference among your choices would be the S80. Good optical qualities and lots of manual settings for you to play with.

but to take photo at night with people ... wouldn't it be very dark .. such that only can see the people .. but not the background ... if i dun use a cam with higher ISO of more than 400 ???

Hi hjx,

Look up the Fuji V10 camera. Quite nice.

My choice from your list would be the Fuji E900 !

Cheers.

Cyber-shot® DSC-W50 Digital Cameraspacer DSC-W50

Canon PowerShot A620 - $600

Canon PowerShot A540 - $425

Canon PowerShot S80

Canon PowerShot A700 - $520

Fujifilm F11 - $593

Fujifilm E900 - $595

all with prices i got on 16 March 2006 from Parisilk all w free 512mb card

think A700 at that price is worth a try ... as for E900 .. seems good too ... really at a spot

so anyone tried their A700 liao ???

Status
Not open for further replies.