This is so unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
Inkjet Print Shop from Hell

My club had a batch of A1 size photograph poster files for urgent inkjet printing. These are to be displayed for a very important event which my club is involved. Naturally I will want to look for a print shop that delivers good quality.

I found this shop at bbc. The sample prints they displayed are simply amazing. In fact the quality is so good they look almost photo-paper-quality. The price they quoted was reasonable for that kind of quality, and so I sent the files for printing.

Upon receiving the prints, to my friend's and my horror, there are distinct vertical bands on every print. Some more obvious, some less. A few had lamination problem (creases and folds) This is hell when juxtaposed with their samples.

We were already in a rush for time and somehow I feel we were taken advantage of when they only offered a $10 refund for every print we rejected (all are already paid for inline with the retail printing industry's practise) we argued and they claimed that their print heads are already quite used and they can't possibly change the print heads for our prints :what: and that we should not expect that they produce the kind of quality they show in their samples ;(

My friend and I were left with no choice, we have absolutely no time to argue with the shop owner, we must get quality prints immediately. We salvaged whatever prints that still look presentable from a distance and went to other shops for reprint.

This is the first time I encountered such a horrible service and service attitude in a local inkjet print shop after years of doing inkjet printing. Have I not been fooled by the outstanding samples they presented I would have settled for what seem to be a lower but acceptable quality alternative.

All be warned.

Did you tell them all these posters are for the PM visit? now you will give them some free "advertising" by word of mouth for the "great job" they did for you?

eikin said:
Inkjet Print Shop from Hell

My club had a batch of A1 size photograph poster files for urgent inkjet printing. These are to be displayed for a very important event which my club is involved. Naturally I will want to look for a print shop that delivers good quality.

I found this shop at bbc. The sample prints they displayed are simply amazing. In fact the quality is so good they look almost photo-paper-quality. The price they quoted was reasonable for that kind of quality, and so I sent the files for printing.

Upon receiving the prints, to my friend's and my horror, there are distinct vertical bands on every print. Some more obvious, some less. A few had lamination problem (creases and folds) This is hell when juxtaposed with their samples.

We were already in a rush for time and somehow I feel we were taken advantage of when they only offered a $10 refund for every print we rejected (all are already paid for inline with the retail printing industry's practise) we argued and they claimed that their print heads are already quite used and they can't possibly change the print heads for our prints :what: and that we should not expect that they produce the kind of quality they show in their samples ;(

My friend and I were left with no choice, we have absolutely no time to argue with the shop owner, we must get quality prints immediately. We salvaged whatever prints that still look presentable from a distance and went to other shops for reprint.

This is the first time I encountered such a horrible service and service attitude in a local inkjet print shop after years of doing inkjet printing. Have I not been fooled by the outstanding samples they presented I would have settled for what seem to be a lower but acceptable quality alternative.

All be warned.

can PM me the shop? i also got issues with BBC

Belle&Sebastain said:
can PM me the shop? i also got issues with BBC

just PMed as requested. i hope it's not the shop with the huge sunflower picture

catchlights said:
Did you tell them all these posters are for the PM visit? now you will give them some free "advertising" by word of mouth for the "great job" they did for you?

we told them, if they have an event as big as that and this is the quality of print they get, would they accept? they simply couldn't answer. :sticktong

I used to use BBC for a long time, until I changed to other methods of printing. Their service as very good, but didn't except too much with print quality as their machine seems to be used 24/7.

at times it was quite obvious when they had servicing done because the prints would come out looking much better then normal.

cheers

Wah, eikin, that's horrible news :thumbsd: ... Maybe you should put the shop name BIG BIG and let everyone see the lousy quality... Maybe PM Lee will also notice! That would be the best "revenge" you can take... :angry: :angry:

Cannot stand these shops that think they can be rude and survive without our business. Sure they can get away with one customer but they'll get their just desserts. As I learnt from running a restaurant in the past, if you have good food and good service, your customer will tell 3 friends. If you have bad food and bad service, they will tell 20. Good luck to them!

philliptan said:
Wah, eikin, that's horrible news :thumbsd: ... Maybe you should put the shop name BIG BIG and let everyone see the lousy quality... Maybe PM Goh will also notice! That would be the best "revenge" you can take... :angry: :angry:

Cannot stand these shops that think they can be rude and survive without our business. Sure they can get away with one customer but they'll get their just desserts. As I learnt from running a restaurant in the past, if you have good food and good service, your customer will tell 3 friends. If you have bad food and bad service, they will tell 20. Good luck to them!

PM Goh?...I think you not updated, he is now the SM..someone upgraded to PM and another MM liao...make sense?:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sori sori PM Lee... pai seh pai seh. Old oredi lah. No, no, ah... typo... ya. typo.

Wah, PM Lee lagi powderful leh!! :D

eikin, which shop is that? Publish the address!! Ho yi si!! :flame: :hammer:

eikin, can PM me the shop name too?
:embrass:

wait...

there is a confusion here, as there IS a shop called BBC, are you referring to that shop ?
and what's the point of this thread if you don't name the shop ?

cheers

rueyloon said:
wait...

there is a confusion here, as there IS a shop called BBC, are you referring to that shop ?
and what's the point of this thread if you don't name the shop ?

cheers

i said i 'found this shop at bbc' not THE shop BBC.

at this point i only want to warn people not be fooled by pretty samples. if you want to know the name of the shop now just PM me. if you see no point in this thread then don't answer.

Ah_Seng said:
Thanks for your warning. I think it's good that you shared your experience.:D

it was a very bad experience after so many years of engaging retail inkjet print shops for big format prints. i hope this thread attracts the attention of people who do large prints and are looking for alternative places as i believe CS forumers don't only do photo-paper prints, but also inkjet printing. i can always share the name of the shop via PM if there's a request. i have done so for a few members already.

Just wondering, if you had time to go to other shops for a reprint of those which really cannot make it, why don't you reject the entire batch and do the entire reprint from the other shops?

eikin said:

for really good service withour banding lines, try Print Direct 2nd level at Brash Basar. u can see it when u go up the escalator.

BBC used to screw up my print outs too. the give exactly the same reply when the heads are clogged. have since switched to Print Direct. u dun even need to ask them to reprint for u. they will automaticall do it before they even show u. have been printing with them for 2 yrs plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.