This is NOT a spoiler BUT CLOVERFIELD is an 1 h 20min video clip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Just came back from the so-called movie ..... frustrated like siao

This is clearly an 1 h 20 min video clip..this clip deserved :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: ? at least from us

There are hardly any still frames... oh wait..maybe just a lil .... the rest are shaky viewcam recording of dialogues, body parts, ceilings, ground .... and whatever you can discern of it

It was 'good' demonstration of typical viewcam features .... AF hunting, night vision, motion blur, inconsistent colour balance, zoom, extremely long batt life (bcos it NEVER stopped recording and NEVER needed a replacement batt)...... etc

We may sound evil but this was one movie which we were hoping the actor holding the viewcam would die early so that we could have some decent still frames .... if u ask us, CINEMATOGRAPHY was easy for this movie ... nth needs to be seen clearly .... feel so cheated

We are supposed to enjoy a movie and not feel frustrated over it, isnt it ? ...... This really spoilt my weekend and this movie was supposed to be 'PICK OF THE WEEK' ???

dear me... I was hoping to watch this next week. I can't stand blair witch project - nearly vomited

We were experiencing double or even triple vision during the 'clip'... up to the extent, we had to look away from the screen many times ..... definitely not for those with MOTION SICKNESS.

yeah i watched it yesterday and i think it was the worst movie i've watched -----ever! I really wanted the
guy holding the videocam to die too...lol....but after he died someone else picked up the cam....haha...

overall the show was a nauseating experience...

Thanks for the head-up. Wanted to watch it, but I guess best to rent a DVD then. :D

Seemed like majority didnt like the movie... I should give it a miss then.

Blair witch was horrible.. Something similar will be equally bad :sweat:

For those that really hated the movie... you can do your bit to help society - spoilers please!!
:bsmilie:

Cloverfield is a reincarnation of Blair Witch Project (BWP) in terms of its presentation. Just that the theme is different. BWP - horror, Cloverfield - sci-fi.

Seemed like majority didnt like the movie... I should give it a miss then.

Blair witch was horrible.. Something similar will be equally bad :sweat:

cannot say that lah. majority is 2 now. but if like more people starts saying it's bad, maybe i'll give it a miss. on the other forums, some seem to find it ok, guess it is one of those moderate films that will die down in history.

dear me... I was hoping to watch this next week. I can't stand blair witch project - nearly vomited

Blair Witch was annoying because all I heard was the girl screaming and whining and screaming and whining and people doing stupid stuff like throwing away the map. And in the end, couldn't see sh*t. Just more screaming.

From what I heard, Cloverfield is something like that. Cannot really see monster, one...

I think I will still watch it though. From DVD that I'll get from JB. :p

wanted to watch it today... but decided not to as i don't want to spend weekend price ticket for a less than an hour and a half movie.

watched AVP2 instead.

since Cloverfield is so-called crap... will wait for the DVD release and rent it.

The big one is cute...like Godzilla with more legs hor...the smaller ones are evil, more like "starship troopers" type ;p

Ya....it was horrible....cant wait for it to end....:sweatsm:

wanted to watch it today... but decided not to as i don't want to spend weekend price ticket for a less than an hour and a half movie.

watched AVP2 instead.

since Cloverfield is so-called crap... will wait for the DVD release and rent it.

tot AVP2 is as bad? me wanted to watched American gangster but it was sold out...:dunno:

Blair Witch was annoying because all I heard was the girl screaming and whining and screaming and whining and people doing stupid stuff like throwing away the map. And in the end, couldn't see sh*t. Just more screaming.

From what I heard, Cloverfield is something like that. Cannot really see monster, one...

I think I will still watch it though. From DVD that I'll get from JB. :p

dun think u can differentiate which camera movement thou... :bsmilie:

Cloverfield to me, is a very slick presentation and a realistic way of depicting a monster attack from the viewpoint of the people there.

When the monster shows up in the movie, boy does it show up in a big way!

This is a much better show than Godzilla (The Matthew Broderick version), thumbs up and hope to see a sequel soon :thumbsup:

my thoughts about the movie, apart from leaving the cinema going "wtf", was about the camera....anybody wondered what brand it is? lol..super solid sial...no scratches and still working fine despite going through the ordeal that killed the rest of the people..and the battery and tape just goes on forever... i would say the movie was a pretty good advert for the camera, if we only knew what brand it is..haha

i actually like movies that the camera is hand held, having those shaky movement, i actually enjoy it moving that much. Thats why i took the 4th row from the front when watching Bourne ultimate. Damn good movie.

i actually like movies that the camera is hand held, having those shaky movement, i actually enjoy it moving that much. Thats why i took the 4th row from the front when watching Bourne ultimate. Damn good movie.

wah lau... 4th row from the front??? damn... don't think you can cover the entire screen without having eye-ball exercising.

i watched American Gangster 6th row from the front... gotta move my head left and right to see what's going on. damn tired...

tot AVP2 is as bad? me wanted to watched American gangster but it was sold out...:dunno:

bad or not... boh bian lah. already watched the first one... so watch the second one also lor.

anyway, American Gangster is good. very well executed... just like Martin Scorcese's The Departed. the 2hr 40min movie is worth the money spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.