This is my parrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderman

Oct 28, 2004
Jurong
This is my parrot, Koko, an African Grey Congo. She can say only words like Hello and Koko. She is about 15 months old now and doesn't fly around the house. She is very cute and adorable. What do you people think of her? :)

koko.jpg

This picture dun look natural at all, got a feeling that this picture is being 'PS'ed...

Cheers...

Hong Jia said:
This picture dun look natural at all, got a feeling that this picture is being 'PS'ed...

Cheers...

Thanks for your comment. :) First this pic was taken under strong yellow light in the evening. Instead of using filter, I customized the WB. After the pic was taken, I did some minor adjustment for the sharpness and contrast. That's all. ;p

Spidey, very sharp photo. But it may be better if you had used a different background colour for the shot, to make your subject stand out.

You owe me $0.02. :bigeyes:

Zenten said:
Spidey, very sharp photo. But it may be better if you had used a different background colour for the shot, to make your subject stand out.

You owe me $0.02. :bigeyes:

Hi Bro, thanks for your coment. :) I know but she stayed there on her cage. A good background will be outside the house. But she might fly away! :D I just try out my FZ20 and shoot it. The WB set is really very useful! Because of that, I always carry a piece of white paper with me whenever I take pics indoor or outdoor.

I am still exploring to get the best out of this FZ20.

spiderman said:
Hi Bro, thanks for your coment. :) I know but she stayed there on her cage. A good background will be outside the house. But she might fly away! :D I just try out my FZ20 and shoot it. The WB set is really very useful! Because of that, I always carry a piece of white paper with me whenever I take pics indoor or outdoor.

I am still exploring to get the best out of this FZ20.

Why carry the white paper. I thought once WB is set, it is there for good everytime you switch to preset WB. Maybe your paper gets whiter with age. :think:

No, u need to calibrate everytime for different lighting condidtion. Can make the pic more interesting....ehhh eg scare her abit so she spread her wings(just an example lah) ;)

rogersk8ter said:
No, u need to calibrate everytime for different lighting condidtion. Can make the pic more interesting....ehhh eg scare her abit so she spread her wings(just an example lah) ;)

Calibrate only once..... WB fine adjustment can be done as and when required using the universal (4 way) switch.

Zenten said:
Calibrate only once..... WB fine adjustment can be done as and when required using the universal (4 way) switch.

Maybe I am wrong. But I did calibrated the WB under yellow light. The next day I forgot to switch back to auto or daylight, I was about to take pics outside, but the LCD look BLUE! And today at about 6pm at home(not very bright), the LCD showed blue too. So I assume the WB setting must be done as and when you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.