This is China through the eyes of FZ20 user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Some random pics to share while I am still in HongKong. Wil post more when home!

Pics taken handheld with no flash... That's the wonder of FZ20!
All pics resized only. exif data attached. No time to post process... Do I still need to?

Got a warm royal welcome in HangZhou!
WelcometoHangZhou.jpg

Stay in beautiful SuZhou
BeautifulSuZhou.jpg

Yummy in HongKong
DininginHongKong.jpg

Night is still young at 10pm in HongKong
HongKongNightScene.jpg

Hi. You may want to take a look at the Raynox Adapter RT5264P for the FZ20 at Wing Shing in Mongkok. I bought it for HK$160 while I was there this week. I have bought it and now using it. On it's own, the adapter is 52mm in filter size. I have bought a step up ring 52-55mm and using the adaptor with a 55mm filter and using back the original lens cap. It is so much smaller as compared to the original hood that comes with the FZ20.

Good attempt especially when all shots are hand held. :thumbsup: Maybe you could up the EV a bit for better exposure.

:sweatsm: oops double posting...

Bro, you sure got a stready like a ROCK hands :thumbsup: very shap/clear especially the first pcs ;)

Can share with us how you control your hands during shooting :sweatsm:

club_de_oldman said:
Bro, you sure got a stready like a ROCK hands :thumbsup: very shap/clear especially the first pcs ;)

Can share with us how you control your hands during shooting :sweatsm:

Ha ha. I always lean my elbows against my chest. For first pic, I was actually sitting. The back rest helps....

With powerful stage lighting like those on your picture, any camera can also capture sharp images without image stabilisation.

lightning69 said:
With powerful stage lighting like those on your picture, any camera can also capture sharp images without image stabilisation.

Frankly speaking, the lighting was quite dim....
Another pic in red dim lighting... only spot light on YueFei
ISO 100
f/2.8
FL 8mm
handheld
No flash.

P1010753.jpg

LifeWorld said:
ISO 100
f/2.8
FL 8mm
handheld
No flash.

P1010753.jpg

COOL! :thumbsup:

LifeWorld said:
ISO 100
f/2.8
FL 8mm
handheld
No flash.

P1010753.jpg

Image stabilisation can only help 3 stops below. It can reduce image blur due to hand shaking but it cannot freeze moving subjects. From your picture there is no motion blur from moving subjects, so the shutter speed should be pretty fast meaning light is more than sufficient. In this case, image stabilisation doesn't really play any role in producing sharp images.

lightning69 said:
Image stabilisation can only help 3 stops below. It can reduce image blur due to hand shaking but it cannot freeze moving subjects. From your picture there is no motion blur from moving subjects, so the shutter speed should be pretty fast meaning light is more than sufficient. In this case, image stabilisation doesn't really play any role in producing sharp images.

Shutter speed is 1/8. Am happy with this camera for being able to shoot in this lighting!

Just a thought. I have my fair share of slightly blurred shots (they appear soft due to some of my subject's movements) at full resolution taken in dim lighting at speed between 1/4 to 1/30. But when I scale them down to e.g. 640x480 resolution, the shots actually looked sharp when in fact they're not. Have you seen all of your shots at 100% (to confirm they're really sharply focussed?)

philshots said:
Just a thought. I have my fair share of slightly blurred shots (they appear soft due to some of my subject's movements) at full resolution taken in dim lighting at speed between 1/4 to 1/30. But when I scale them down to e.g. 640x480 resolution, the shots actually looked sharp when in fact they're not. Have you seen all of your shots at 100% (to confirm they're really sharply focussed?)

100% cropped.
P1010753crop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.