This Is Anfield! Liverpool Football Club Thread 19! Huat Ah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
report in :bsmilie::thumbsup:

Lai liao

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 34 points -> Running away liao! SONG!
2) roadrunner 29 points
3) jfoo 26 points
4) kelccm 19 points
5) blazer_works 18 points
6) dfstan 17 points
7) canew 15 points
8) airfins 12 points
9) grumpy 12 points
10) zhapchit 11 points
11) roDz 10 points
12) zan82 8point
13). boresome 5pts
14). xen0275 4 points
15). estronutz 3 points
16). nemesis32 2 points
17). parchiao 2 point
18). mpenza 1 point
19). dnd 1 point
20). Taurean 1pt

NExt up,

gooners vs. LIVERPOOL!

EPL fixture at The Emirates!!

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN (TORRES, TORRES) kelccm ---> 0pt
2). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN (Benayoun) zhapchit ---> 0pt
3). 1-1 Draw (Crouch!) crazy cheesecake ---> 10pts
4). 2-1 Liverpool win (Crouch, Crouch) zan82 ---> 2pts
5). 1-0 Liverpool win! (Lucas!) roDz ---> 0pt
6). 1-1 Liverpool draw (benayoun) roadrunner ---> 3pts
7). 1-1 DRAW (Crouch) jfoo ---> 10pts
8). 1-1 DRAW (Crouch) airfins ---> 10pts
9). 0-0 Draw dfstan ---> 0pt
10). 1-0 Liverpool wins! (P. Crouch) Canew ---> 2pt
11). 2-1 Liverpool lose (torres) blazer_workz ---> 0pt
12). 1-0 Liverpool LOOSE. parchiao. ---> 0pt
13). 2-1 Liverpool WIN! (Crouch. Crouch) boresome --> 2pt

WA SO MANY HAT TRICK HEROES!!!

any mistake with the score, boys?

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 34 points -> Running away liao! SONG!
2) roadrunner 29 points
3) jfoo 26 points
4) kelccm 19 points
5) blazer_works 18 points
6) dfstan 17 points
7) canew 15 points
8) airfins 12 points
9) grumpy 12 points
10) zhapchit 11 points
11) roDz 10 points
12) zan82 8point
13). boresome 5pts
14). xen0275 4 points
15). estronutz 3 points
16). nemesis32 2 points
17). parchiao 2 point
18). mpenza 1 point
19). dnd 1 point
20). Taurean 1pt

NExt up,

gooners vs. LIVERPOOL!

EPL fixture at The Emirates!!

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN (TORRES, TORRES) kelccm ---> 0pt
2). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN (Benayoun) zhapchit ---> 0pt
3). 1-1 Draw (Crouch!) crazy cheesecake ---> 10pts
4). 2-1 Liverpool win (Crouch, Crouch) zan82 ---> 2pts
5). 1-0 Liverpool win! (Lucas!) roDz ---> 0pt
6). 1-1 Liverpool draw (benayoun) roadrunner ---> 3pts
7). 1-1 DRAW (Crouch) jfoo ---> 10pts
8). 1-1 DRAW (Crouch) airfins ---> 10pts
9). 0-0 Draw dfstan ---> 0pt
10). 1-0 Liverpool wins! (P. Crouch) Canew ---> 2pt
11). 2-1 Liverpool lose (torres) blazer_workz ---> 0pt
12). 1-0 Liverpool LOOSE. parchiao. ---> 0pt
13). 2-1 Liverpool WIN! (Crouch. Crouch) boresome --> 2pt

WA SO MANY HAT TRICK HEROES!!!

any mistake with the score, boys?

Waaa songboo we kao pey at sgpool together. hahaa. Plessis quite good. Do simple passing and shack out arsenal defends. Zeroin must sell lar. He really buey sai liao.

0-0? ;)
:bsmilie:

shud be able to beat them this time round.

i think their confidence is rock bottom after this 1-1 draw.

i think manu will beat boro n gooners will be very upset. they will try to beat us on wed morning but i think we shud be able to hold them n beat them.

com'on boys!!!

Waaa songboo we kao pey at sgpool together. hahaa. Plessis quite good. Do simple passing and shack out arsenal defends. Zeroin must sell lar. He really buey sai liao.

plessis really zai.

good tackles with simple passing. really big strong n tall!

our future midfield anchor is secured.
benayoun played so well!
leiva played well.
riise... erm...
pennant played well in 1st half. after the horror tackle on him, he fizzzzzzz out...
carra is superb! so too is finnan!
arbeloa played well too.
skirtie... mixed bag.
crouch played really well. hold up on his own really well.
reina again let down by rubbish defending in set play...

nice game on the whole. i tot the gooners will come at us wanting our lives but they really clueless. hahahahaa

i thought we are playing at anfield worr. Our 2nd team really frighten them. :bsmilie:

BENITEZ KEEN FOR CROUCH TO STAY​

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez praised the performance of striker Peter Crouch in the 1-1 Premier League draw with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

Crouch was making a rare start for the Reds as Benitez rang the changes following Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg draw and with next week's return meeting at Anfield in mind.

The forward - who is out of contract at the end of next season - took full advantage as he fired Liverpool in front on 42 minutes in North London, but Nicklas Bendtner headed Arsenal back into the contest in the second half to leave honours even.

Despite the draw, Benitez remains keen to praise Crouch - who has been offered a new deal on Merseyside - and insists the England international remains in his plans as a partner for star striker Fernando Torres.

"Crouch was good," Benitez told Sky Sports 1. "He played really well. We offered him a new contract so we are waiting.

"Sometimes we will play with two (strikers) so we want to keep Crouch."

Meanwhile, Benitez admits he was happy to avoid defeat against the Gunners, but the Spaniard does not believe the result will have any bearing on Tuesday's decisive Champions League meeting.

"I'm just happy because we could lose but we could win," Benitez added.

"We had chances and counter-attacks and they had lots of chances as well at the end.

"When you come here with a lot of players not playing every week you must be pleased, but it could have been better.

"We can score. We can create chances but also we can stop them so I think for us it is a positive message."

Rafa Benitez was full of praise for debutant Damien Plessis after watching his side come close to a first ever victory at the Emirates.

The 20-year-old midfielder was a surprise inclusion against Arsenal as Benitez made eight changes from Wednesday's Champions League encounter.

Up against Cesc Fabregas, the Frenchman put in a composed display to stake his claim for a regular place in the squad.

Benitez said: "Today was the debut for Damien Plessis. We knew when we signed him that he was a good player. He's played really well for the reserves, and to play as well as he did today in this stadium, it shows we are going in the right direction."

The game also brought a recall for Peter Crouch, who scored the Reds goal during a man-of-the-match display.

"Crouch played really well, as did Benayoun, Lucas and Riise. A lot of players who don't normally play played well," said Benitez.

"Arsene Wenger also kept some players for the second leg. You could see some players were tired but the majority played the game with a lot of passion.

"It was an open game at the end. We knew we had to work hard and we did that for a long time. We were well organised and scored a good goal.

"We could have lost because they had chances, but we could have won because we had two or three opportunities as well.

"At the end I was a little bit disappointed because we could have won. Torres, Gerrard and Riise had some attacks."

On the prospect of Crouch signing a new contract, the Anfield boss said: "He is a very good professional, that's why we've offered him a new contract. I have confidence. I know he is happy here but I also know he wants to play. We have offered the contract and now we need to wait.

"We are playing at the moment with one striker, but we've played a lot of the season with two. We are a team that is winning trophies and he can be an important part of that."

Next up for Liverpool is the third part of this week's Arsenal trilogy, with the Gunners visiting Anfield on Tuesday for the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final.

The first leg ended 1-1 three days ago, meaning the sides have now been inseparable during 270 minutes of football this season.

On what could ultimately separate the sides, Benitez said: "We have confidence but we know they have quality and can play well away from home.

"The small details can be the difference. A mistake or a top-class player will be the difference between whether we win or lose."

A goalless draw would be enough for the Reds to progress but Benitez added: "It's very, very difficult to play for a 0-0. I do not know how to do it!"

Last year's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea was decided on penalties, a very real possibility this time round.

Not that Gerrard and co will be spending hours honing their skills from 12 yards over the next few days.

"I don't believe too much in practicing penalties," Benitez explained. "I am a believer in the heart and quality of the players. We have some good players to take penalties. We practiced before the Chelsea semi-final but not too much, because when you are walking from the halfway line to the box it is just about being calm.

"Sometimes an 18-year-old player can be really good, sometimes a 31-year-old can be not so good.

"But I will try not to think about penalties. We will try to use our experience during the game."

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 44 points -> still Running away!! SONG!
2) jfoo 36 points
3) roadrunner 32 points
4) airfins 22 points
5) kelccm 19 points
6) blazer_works 18 points
7) dfstan 17 points
8) canew 17 points
9) grumpy 12 points
10) zhapchit 11 points
11) roDz 10 points
12) zan82 10point
13). boresome 7pts