This, I agree with

That's true but @ the going rate, SAF must work out a respectable insurance program fully paid (not from our own account) for all enlistees and regulars. CPF for NS boys with a minimum wage and medical benefits for reservists. A country must reward it's citizens who are willing to die for her.

I have not decided if two of my three sons will serve NS as they are not citizens yet but I'll seek their opinions when they are older.

we're a small red dot.

which reminds us... hell hath no fury like a woman on her period..

Benefit of being American alley is that neighbors will not look into your eyes. Also, Singapore has defense agreement with India, paying about a billion an year if I recall correctly.

I like east Asia, countries are not that aggressive towards each other.

Benefit of being American alley is that neighbors will not look into your eyes. Also, Singapore has defense agreement with India, paying about a billion an year if I recall correctly.

I like east Asia, countries are not that aggressive towards each other.

Do you know in 1991 Singapore almost went to war with m'sia? Entire saf standing by, waiting for the command to attack.

can hire outsider to do for us?

Deterrence is really all we got, unlike the combat hardened Israelis who have been advising since the day of our independence. As once we unleash the full might and fury of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) and combined arms division in a rapid invasion upon our enemy as per our forward defence doctrinal strategy if **** ever does hits the fan. I fear that the general populace might not be able to cope with the wartime atrocities, casualties inflicted upon their family / friends and a possible mass exodus of combatants choosing to defect and side along racial ties or nationality despite being sworn under a oath thus hopefully, commanders in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) will never ever have to see such a day happening.

To stay strong and independent, air supremacy is the key.

Can we disable enemy's Internet access ?

Deterrence is really all we got, unlike the combat hardened Israelis who have been advising since the day of our independence. As once we unleash the full might and fury of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) and combined arms division in a rapid invasion upon our enemy as per our forward defence doctrinal strategy if **** ever does hits the fan. I fear that the general populace might not be able to cope with the wartime atrocities, casualties inflicted upon their family / friends and a possible mass exodus of combatants choosing to defect and side along racial ties or nationality despite being sworn under a oath thus hopefully, commanders in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) will never ever have to see such a day happening.

my fear is that warfare has shifted away from traditional methods to new methods. cyber warfare is another good area.

and now war doesnt necessarily mean between nations. it could just be as simple as a group of transnational hacking team.

they get into our system, we are fcked.

my fear is that warfare has shifted away from traditional methods to new methods. cyber warfare is another good area.

and now war doesnt necessarily mean between nations. it could just be as simple as a group of transnational hacking team.

they get into our system, we are fcked.
The 3G (AKA Go, Going, Gone) Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) is already working towards operationalizing network-centric warfare (NCW) with full IKC2 / C4ISTAR capabilities. You think MINDEF might not be bothered with the vulnerabilities involved? :)

Last edited:
we should be more wary of Indonesian and Malaysia conflict; if there are any. it is enough to shut down our economy.. indirectly

imagine their armory hitting Johore and the strays arsenal so close to us..

no doubt that our arm forces is mighty, but i am sure that there will only be talk and more talk when comes to direct conflict with Malaysia

before anyone of us can fire a bullet, USA, China, UN, ASEAN, Europe, would have come in to mediate and turn hate into :heart:

we should be more wary of Indonesian and Malaysia conflict; if there are any. it is enough to shut down our economy.. indirectly

imagine their armory hitting Johore and the strays arsenal so close to us..

no doubt that our arm forces is mighty, but i am sure that there will only be talk and more talk when comes to direct conflict with Malaysia

before anyone of us can fire a bullet, USA, China, UN, ASEAN, Europe, would have come in to mediate and turn hate into :heart:
That is provided that we have the essence of time, we have been briefed repeatedly that if our sovereignty is at sake we'll be "moving in" no questions ask. You will be surprise how fast the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) can mobilise and mount a preemptive strike.

Please don't forget there was a long period of time when a certain Dr. M constantly threaten to turn off the tap so as to speak.

Prolonged war is impossible for us.
Singapore is too small for defence-in-depth.
There is not enough land to execute strategic withdrawal.

All we can do is to send a message that if you attack us, it may hurt you a little bit.
We do need super-power protection. A super-power tai-kor to tell the agressor not to bully their xiao-ti (Singapore).

Things can change very fast. People's attitude to us can change very fast.

We got some new generation effeminate soldiers who need maids to carry their haversacks. Once aggressors realise we are weak, they will threaten.

Singapore nowadays is not a backward slum.
Singapore now has riches.
Singapore nowadays is a piece of delicious meat that everyone wants to swallow.

Last edited:
make love , not war.

[video=youtube;G-HQisG2Lv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-HQisG2Lv8[/video]

any old man remember this song?

SAF is also useful installing discipline and maturity in our youth. I know I came out a better person after my time in active service.

lthg25 said:
SAF is also useful installing discipline and maturity in our youth. I know I came out a better person after my time in active service.

Doesn't seem to be the case anymore