This forum is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning69

Jun 9, 2004
Where are all the people? I see less than 10 post a day. :(

I mean in this "OTHERS" category. ;)

West_ray said:
huh??? less than 10 posts a day??? are u sure ??????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe there are not enough members using the cameras from Benq, Casio, Contax, Epson, Kodak, Kyocera, Leica, Panasonic, Pentax, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Sigma, Toshiba..... :think:

it just goes to show that Canon and Nikon is KING in this country!!!

Hi lightning,

I guess majority of the pana owners are not as active as you and me and some others. Me currently also more active in the "Photo Galleries" sub-forum (busy taking photo with my pana fz10 and posting them there). :sweat:

Really wish that there is a sub sub-photo gallery forum here specially dedicated to pana owners, so that we post pictures here taken from our pana cams, share experiences, tips and tricks in taking photographs and our cams with each others. Hehehe :D this will certainly bring the life back to this "Others" sub-forum. :thumbsup: Still hoping this day will come :angel:.

Cheers

This is because users of other major brands are busy checking out focusing, dust, exposure, etc problems or constantly thinking of upgrading whereas users of the "less known" brands are busy taking pictures. :D

shutterfly said:
This is because users of other major brands are busy checking out focusing, dust, exposure, etc problems or constantly thinking of upgrading whereas users of the "less known" brands are busy taking pictures. :D

Hi shutterfly,

Yes lor, me newbie (recently took up photography as hobby) with no photo experiences and user of the "less known" brands camera.

Now busy taking pictures because want to improve my shooting skill and still at the stage of learning the various manual settings for different exposures. So owning for eg. a dedicated and complex cam from other major brands may be too hot for me to handle at the moment (Due to my limited skill & knowlegde).

But if you're cracking a joke on my account, then you're very successful lor...You win lor. Nothing personal, just to voice out how I feel. :(

Note: Fellow CSers (including shutterfly) who think I'm overreacted, please accept my apology.

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Hi shutterfly,

Yes lor, me newbie (recently took up photography as hobby) with no photo experiences and user of the "less known" brands camera.

Now busy taking pictures because want to improve my shooting skill and still at the stage of learning the various manual settings for different exposures. So owning for eg. a dedicated and complex cam from other major brands may be too hot for me to handle at the moment (Due to my limited skill & knowlegde).

But if you're cracking a joke on my account, then you're very successful lor...You win lor. Nothing personal, just to voice out how I feel. :(

Note: Fellow CSers (including shutterfly) who think I'm overreacted, please accept my apology.

Cheers

Huh? Cracking a joke at your expense? I dun think I actually even read your post when I was posting the above. I am just replying to the topic here. But good to see you improving your skills rather than equipment. Just dun be bitten by the upgrade bugs.

shutterfly said:
Huh? Cracking a joke at your expense? I dun think I actually even read your post when I was posting the above. I am just replying to the topic here. But good to see you improving your skills rather than equipment. Just dun be bitten by the upgrade bugs.

Sorry lor bro, misunderstanding due to overreacted :sweat: . Feel free to drop a comment to those pictures I've posted. Still got a lot to learn from you guys. :bsmilie:

Cheers

shutterfly said:

:bsmilie: Users with other brands other than C & N, they enjoy taking photos in solo so less problems.

actually I'm pretty keen to get another cam, something that allows me to bring around. My 300d a bit the big ah....Do you have any recommendation? something like a A80 size to a 717....i thought about Kyocera or even pana....want to try something other than canon...just need Aperture/shutter priority and flash lor...or even if something that have good basic mode also can....thanks in advance

ptwong said:
actually I'm pretty keen to get another cam, something that allows me to bring around. My 300d a bit the big ah....Do you have any recommendation? something like a A80 size to a 717....i thought about Kyocera or even pana....want to try something other than canon...just need Aperture/shutter priority and flash lor...or even if something that have good basic mode also can....thanks in advance

Hi ptwong,

If you're not looking for a point & shoot camera, here's the no. of good cams I've tried before settled down on pana fz10 & oly c8080. All come with a hot shoe and optional upgradeable accessories. . Hope this is useful to you. :)

A bit big models:
1. Sony DSC F717 (price are attractive because kana replaced by F828)
2. Pana FZ10 (think the price will drop because will be replace by FZ20 soon)
3. Nikon Coolpix 5700 (Can get 2nd hand at Peninsula Plaza, if you don't mind)
4. Oly C5060

Smaller models:
1. Oly c750uz
2. Oly c770uz
3. Sony DSC V1

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Hi ptwong,

If you're not looking for a point & shoot camera, here's the no. of good cams I've tried before settled down on pana fz10 & oly c8080. All come with a hot shoe and optional upgradeable accessories. . Hope this is useful to you. :)

A bit big models:
1. Sony DSC F717 (price are attractive because kana replaced by F828)
2. Pana FZ10 (think the price will drop because will be replace by FZ20 soon)
3. Nikon Coolpix 5700 (Can get 2nd hand at Peninsula Plaza, if you don't mind)
4. Oly C5060

Smaller models:
1. Oly c750uz
2. Oly c770uz
3. Sony DSC V1

Cheers
thanks Newguy, thought about Oly 750 but don't have stabilizer for long range so didn't get esp when XD card....very exp ah...thought about FZ10 also....but a bit exp....maybe get second hand one ha....

ptwong said:

Since your 300D is using CF card, maybe is good for you to narrow down those p & s camera which also using the same card. So no need to waste $$ to get different card. ;)

Hi ptwong,

Spyer2 got a good point there :thumbsup: . This is also one of the main reasons why I bought my current cams. Got 2 pcs of 256 MB XD cards from my ex oly cam (already sold off) & a 512MB & 64MB SD Cards (now sharing with my Pocket PC & pana fz10).

Cheers

ptwong said:

I think the FZ2 would be perfect for you. Its got Aperture/shutter priority and flash, Mega OIS, 12x zoom etc. Although only 2 Megapixels, the pic quality is superb and is just nice if you are not making big prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.