Thirsty Hippo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
Anyone of you ever using "Thirsty Hippo" as ur dry agent to put in the container to keep the lenses, camera fungus-less?

**anyone heard about this before? and anyone using it for the moment?
i think those thirsty hippo fuctioning as "silica gel", but more powerful, isn't
it? please correct me if i'm wrong.

** A can of thirsty hippo only cost you SGD1 and u use use it for a year.....

Maybe it is too thirsty that it suck out all the moisture to way below the optimal storage huminity level?

Not very sure about this.

mobby said:
Maybe it is too thirsty that it suck out all the moisture to way below the optimal storage humidity level?

Not very sure about this.

Doubt the RH will fall to 0%. I put one in my dry cabinet and the RH is at 35-40%.

besh said:
A can of thirsty hippo only cost you SGD1 and u use use it for a year.

The longevity of the product before the bottom portion fills up with water really depends where you put it. I hv one in my car, toilet and clothes cupboard. I don't bother to check on them daily but when I do they are already full of water - time to put in a new one - after 3 months or so.

Obviously it absorbs water faster if the area is damp, such as a not-so-well ventilated toilet, more so in the toilet cabinet.

I use 'Thristy Hippo' for many years liao. No prob with my camera and lenses.
But one thing, you must take out your equipment once a week like that so that the 'Thristy Hippo' won't suck too much humility and become too dry.

be careful to not accidentally topple the container with water already formed inside ;p

yeah, i open the container once awhile... maybe 3-4 days once, and let some "wet air" go in, so, it wun be too dry. what do u think?

i don think the humid level can reach below 30 even you don open it up for many day.

Status
Not open for further replies.