third party spare batt for F11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Apr 2, 2005
in my other cams, the 3rd party spare batts typically didn't last as long as the original batt. Has anyone bought a 3rd party for the F11? if it's nearly as good, pls share brand & price. thanks!

Actually the Fuji battery at 1950mAh already has plenty of juice. But being the kiasu I bought a 3rd party spare. It should be less than $30 and actually has 2700mAh printed on it! Because both they last so long, it makes little practical difference which lasts longer.

I encountered a few times where the original and oem battery were almost empty although it has been charged recently. But after using for a while. It sorts of warm up and it is full again. I tot this only happens if you go to very cold climates (like snow mountains...haha) and u must take the battery out and rub them in your pocket to warm them out. I merely left the camera on my table in an aircon room. Anyone encounter this too? Just want to know if it is common.

cyaw said:
Actually the Fuji battery at 1950mAh already has plenty of juice. But being the kiasu I bought a 3rd party spare. It should be less than $30 and actually has 2700mAh printed on it! Because both they last so long, it makes little practical difference which lasts longer.

what brand is yr 3rd party batt? thanks!

can i hijack your thread a little? just wanted to check... the F11 charging mech is via the camera only right? are there 3rd party ext chargers? how much and do they work well? coz having 2 or more batts only work well if you can charge them outside your camera... coz i go travelling... yups.. cheers...

Lucky you, pufferfish! Nearly all batteries, not just camera ones, keep their charge poorly in the cold. The usual advice is to keep them close to your body for warmth and whip them only when you want to shoot.

Forgot brand of battery. Doesn't say on the battery itself. EdWorks? Can get at the usual places.

I am using a 3rd party charger. Find it more convenient. Works fine. Think it's EdWorks, too. $30+. Comes in two pieces: an adaptor & a battery cradle. Very light and small enough. Only bring it for longer trips. Two fully charged batteries can last a long time.

cyaw said:
Lucky you, pufferfish! Nearly all batteries, not just camera ones, keep their charge poorly in the cold. The usual advice is to keep them close to your body for warmth and whip them only when you want to shoot.

Forgot brand of battery. Doesn't say on the battery itself. EdWorks? Can get at the usual places.

I am using a 3rd party charger. Find it more convenient. Works fine. Think it's EdWorks, too. $30+. Comes in two pieces: an adaptor & a battery cradle. Very light and small enough. Only bring it for longer trips. Two fully charged batteries can last a long time.

Keep battery warm, and the camera cold for low noise... how to do that, No Idea :confused:

Anyway, do you mind to share more detail, like where you bought the charger (ussual places might be confusing for some of us)... Thanks! ;)

bpribadi said:
Anyway, do you mind to share more detail, like where you bought the charger (ussual places might be confusing for some of us)... Thanks! ;)

Refer to this.

just u let u all know about another charger, it is a one-piece charger.
You turn the 2 flat pin out from under the cradle and plug into the socket.
It came with the 2nd-hand F10 that I bought...so I don't know where it is from.
There is a label 'camera devices' on it...dun know if that is the brand.

pufferfish said:
ya ya ya....that is the one...

Do you mean you can use that charger (NP-60 charger) to charge NP-120 of the F10?

madmacs said:
that one for np60. the pins look different so i dont think you can use it. anyway eastgear has the np120 charger for $19 also. just bought it this evening.

Thanks for the info... Me planning to get one oso... using the cables very troublesome...

Bought an edworks 2700 mAh battery from AP at $20.
There's this interesting battery charger from Edison Electronics @ SLS G/F. It's the SDV universal charger - distributor is Swissco Photogear.
It has a base unit to which you can snap in various adapter "plates" to which you slot in the battery of your choice. For $40 you get the base unit, 9V DC adapter and one plate. Each plate costs $5.

It accommodates the NP-120, NP-60, AA, AAA and various other proprietary Li-Ion batteries. Interesting concept.

Happy Julian New Year

kmlee said:
Bought an edworks 2700 mAh battery from AP at $20.

That's cheap. I'm going to get one too. Wonder if the price you got was the initial quote to you or after some bargaining.

I've ever bought some accessories from AP which they quoted me higher, and when I told the salespersons of a cheaper price members here obtained from them, they said those prices were not possible.

hi ultrazoom,

Have you bought the spare battery? I'm planning to get one too, not sure is the price still at $20.

yanyewkay said:
want to MO F11 batts? ahhahah chtan organise one!

The original battery juice really good, brand new without charging, and it last so long. really impress. But I'm still planning to get a backup battery especially when going oversea for holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.