Third party Nikon mount on Canon DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaoWei

Mar 14, 2008
Toa Payoh
Since that Nikkor lens able to mount on Canon DLSR so i'm just wondering if i'm able to use a third party Nikon mount on a Canon DSLR?

Thanks

Once thing strange, 3rd party lens should also had lens for canon system why not earth you want to us a 3rd party for nikon and convert to canon mounting system? just go and purchase 3rd party with canon configuration. you never know if you will miss tha AF function when a nikon fitted lens mount to a canon body.

Once thing strange, 3rd party lens should also had lens for canon system why not earth you want to us a 3rd party for nikon and convert to canon mounting system? just go and purchase 3rd party with canon configuration. you never know if you will miss tha AF function when a nikon fitted lens mount to a canon body.

Well, its easier to upgrade from a Canon DSLR to Nikon DSLR in the future with 3rd party Nikon lens mount, unless 3rd party Nikon mount has a constant problem with Canon DSLR else i doubt why it shldn't be use.

Selling a lens to upgrade to another lens mount can oso mean losing about 20-30% $$, while using a 3rd party Nikon lens mount on Canon DSLR would also means i could use it on a Nikon DSLR without having to sell it away and losing a part of the investment ;p

Well, its easier to upgrade from a Canon DSLR to Nikon DSLR in the future with 3rd party Nikon lens mount, unless 3rd party Nikon mount has a constant problem with Canon DSLR else i doubt why it shldn't be use.

Selling a lens to upgrade to another lens mount can oso mean losing about 20-30% $$, while using a 3rd party Nikon lens mount on Canon DSLR would also means i could use it on a Nikon DSLR without having to sell it away and losing a part of the investment ;p

Its just part and parcel of life. Depends on what u really one. like say there is always a solution out there and its a know fact that you can use Nikon on canon system. But will u have any issue later ? only the user will know. But rest for sure, there is a solution for you if u want to use 3rd party Nikon lens for canon body.

Then why go Canon in the first place? To be honest, if you're thinking 3rd party, then there is no difference whether you go for Canon or Nikon. Canon and Nikon are always leapfrogging each other, so to you now, going Nikon may appear as an upgrade, then the tables will turn again (as it has always been since 1980s..) then what?

My advice is stick with your system or minimize your losses by changing your system early before you have put in substantial investment into it unless you want to keep 2 systems which can be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.