Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.

stuck said:
I've tried two overnight charges n both failed. I've since tried several charges, but the light always goes off after a short while. Probably try to bring it into manly tmr.

If you compare the 3rd party battery to the original Pentax, you'll notice the original one fits snuggly on the charger whereas the 3rd party ones are a bit loose. Maybe try checking if the contact points are align properly on the charger.

Anybody else who use this battery have the same problem? Should I bring it back to Manly for an exchange?? :(

No such issue, thoguh I have noticed that the battery doesn't last quite as long as the original battery. Maybe 70%. It may also be my imagination, but this gets even worse when Live View is used.

No such issue, thoguh I have noticed that the battery doesn't last quite as long as the original battery. Maybe 70%. It may also be my imagination, but this gets even worse when Live View is used.

well but for 1/3-1/4 of the cost of the original I'm sure you're not complaining! haha

If you compare the 3rd party battery to the original Pentax, you'll notice the original one fits snuggly on the charger whereas the 3rd party ones are a bit loose. Maybe try checking if the contact points are align properly on the charger.

i did notice that. but i presumed that if it'll charge for one minute, no reason to stop charging if the charger is not being moved right?

stuck said:

Same here. My experience was that it will restart itself again. Normally i just leave it to charge overnight and will last about 50% of the original.. Good enough for me.

Doesn't that means the battery spoil?

Hi guy,want to ask is the manly outlet near the chinatown mrt trustworthy?

Went there ytd to get myself a divipower battery as my spare but was told by the shop that they dun have divipower battery for k5 or k7 already,but was told that one brand which is called StrongCell which is basically the same factory made,anyone have any experience from this battery? and also did i went to correct manly

PS:the packaging seemed to be the same as divipower but the brand is not the same

Manly is okay, Eugene and the boss Peter are pretty nice. As to the battery, I think it's okay. All battery cells came from Japan, just packaging different. You can give it a try and see how it performs. Better yet, report back after your trial, so others can benefit :)

Manly is okay, Eugene and the boss Peter are pretty nice. As to the battery, I think it's okay. All battery cells came from Japan, just packaging different. You can give it a try and see how it performs. Better yet, report back after your trial, so others can benefit :)

As there are quite afew outlets i am afraid i went to the wrong one..but the one i visited is a straight road down after coming out from the mrt station and is the bigger manly outlet i saw

Sure,will report back after my trial of course just to let everyone know how the battery last and perform

OT:Orient photo now sell divipower battery,after buying the battery from manly,i headed down to OP yesterday and they told me they do carry it now.Too bad i bought the StrongCell battery from manly so did not get it from OP

Just an update from me,the first battery bought have charging issue..on the first charge,the charger green light on for 1 hour or so and it goes off,so went down to manly and get it exchanged,the 2nd battery which i gotten also have the same issue,may i know what might be the issue here?anyone facing the same problem?thanks in advance

I bought a compatible battery from SLR. It was labelled REVO. After a few months of use,,similar, to your situation, the charging turns green very quickly. When, the battery is used, It shows full strength but strangely it hangs the K-5 when shutter button is pressed. Gave me a scare the first time, thought the camera was going to kaput. Finally, narrow the problem down to the battery,

The other compatible battery bought from dealextreme still going ok.

Just an update from me,the first battery bought have charging issue..on the first charge,the charger green light on for 1 hour or so and it goes off,so went down to manly and get it exchanged,the 2nd battery which i gotten also have the same issue,may i know what might be the issue here?anyone facing the same problem?thanks in advance

I had the same issue with the last divipower battery I bought from manly as well - the charging light will go off after a while but the battery is not charged properly. Sadly I never resolved that issue as I was too lazy to bring it in to Manly & they were out of stock for the divipower anyway. What I noticed was that the divipower battery did not fit the charger as snugly as the original battery, maybe the metal contacts don't line up properly & hence the charging process fails after a while.

Anyways I ended up buying 2 third-party batteries for my k5 from OP, but they're not divipower brand (says Ittou from Japan on the box). They seemed to fit the charger better & charged properly (battery indicator on k5 suggests a full charge). However, I didn't get to use it on my last trip as the original battery in my k5 lasted the whole way with no problems, so I can't say how good these new 3rd party batteries are also.

Recently just order another K5 space battery from dealextreme again.
So far the first spare battery still going strong.
Fully charged, at last can take 700+, infact most of the time I'm using the spare battery, hardly need to use my original pentax :)
Second order is iSmart, the voltage seem a little lower.
batt-k5.jpg

Recently just order another K5 space battery from dealextreme again.
So far the first spare battery still going strong.
Fully charged, at last can take 700+, infact most of the time I'm using the spare battery, hardly need to use my original pentax :)
Second order is iSmart, the voltage seem a little lower.

how much are these dealextreme batteries? most of the 3rd party batts in SG cost ard $30. I have the opposite experience... the original Pentax battery is so good I haven't got the chance to use any of the spare batts I bought! maybe I'm just not taking enough pictures! :(