Third party battery - K-7 battery D-LI90 replacement by DiViPower

Anyone knowing where can I get online or in Malaysia?
Where's the made from? Hopefuly not PRC stuff =.=

FYI the original Pentax D-LI90 battery cell in Made in Japan but the pack is assembled in China. Lots of other brands have made in China batteries, so I don't see what the issue.

FYI the original Pentax D-LI90 battery cell in Made in Japan but the pack is assembled in China. Lots of other brands have made in China batteries, so I don't see what the issue.

LOLx.
I jz don't have faith with PRC made stuff.. but not all :bsmilie:

Anyone knowing where can I get online or in Malaysia?
Where's the made from? Hopefuly not PRC stuff =.=

No big deal if its MIC right?
Its already proven to work by ppl here, and you pay only <$30.
Even if its only 1/2 the capacity of the original one, its still worth it (which it is not).

Anyone had experience with this replacement battery?

battery2.jpg

I can't even read the brand name, only after search found that it's Ittou.

It's rated 5800MAH (not even possible in reality), so far got 300+ shots with it, some with flash, still full :)

But after search for it on Google, only found pages inside Singapore :eek:

A lot of people complaining being cheated by the camera store, but I only paid $22. Anyone else using this brand for Pentax cameras? Not worrying about how long it can last, as long as it's safe to use as spare.

Wow! 5800mAh, that's really something :bsmilie:

I bet you can take at least 3k shots w/ that one in one charge :think:

Wow! 5800mAh, that's really something :bsmilie:

I bet you can take at least 3k shots w/ that one in one charge :think:

Come on, you are a researcher, it's not even possible to pack 5800mAh in a tiny little battery like that (not for 22 bucks anyway).

Just wondering whether it's safe to use or not.

Come on, you are a researcher, it's not even possible to pack 5800mAh in a tiny little battery like that (not for 22 bucks anyway).

Just wondering whether it's safe to use or not.

Obviously I'm a bad researcher ;)

As long as the voltage isn't too high, it should be fine :)

I went to buy a unit of this battery from MS Color (AMK Hub) today at $30 a piece and I got the most unpleasant experience with them. Without going into much detail, safe to say I won't want to visit them anymore.

I went to buy a unit of this battery from MS Color (AMK Hub) today at $30 a piece and I got the most unpleasant experience with them. Without going into much detail, safe to say I won't want to visit them anymore.

AMK Hub and AMK central offers 2 different levels of service lah. but their service level has also gone downhill and even I their regular now no longer go there . . .

If you know me well, you should know that I seldome use third party stuff unless they are really good.

On the outside, the battery looks pretty well made. The obvious difference is on the back of the battery: it's rated at 7.2v 3500mAh while the Pentax original battery is only 7.2v 1860mAh. We all know that third party batteries tend to have higher rate on mAh but they actually don't last as long as the original ones.

So how does this 3500mAh battery perform? I put the freshly charged battery (which took a bit longer to charge btw, probably due to its higher mAh) in my K-7 about 3 weeks ago, it finally went flat yesterday. I took total of 1405 shots w/ this battery alone! And I used LiveView (which eats battery!) quite often, not to say a lot of playbacks and change settings on the camera. That's pretty good for a third party battery, definitely lasts longer than the original Pentax one. And this is only on the first charge. We all know that Lithium-Ion batteries would perform batter after a few round of charge-discharge. Hopefully this one will get even better after some use.

I don't know how long the battery can last eventually, only time can tell. But one thing for sure, at 1/4 cost of the original Pentax battery, I think it's really worth it.

If you still think Pentax battery is a batter option, please take mine at a discounted price (I got two original ones, but I don't mine letting them go in favor of this third party battery) ;)

Cheers and Happy Shooting!

Divipower batteries are good. How much does this cost?

Thanks, Feng Wei. Now I know where to get my 2nd Battery for the K-7 (just in time for my trip!).

hmm anyone know where to get a 3rd party charger for this k 7 battery?

hmm anyone know where to get a 3rd party charger for this k 7 battery?

:sweatsm: cute question... '3rd party' batteries no need to buy a '3rd party' charger to charge... :sweatsm:

Last edited:
Just an update on the new Divipower that the boss Mr Quek (Divipower, not manly) changed for me.

The new one that he gave me to replace my old one (earlier batch) actually lasts about 50% longer than my orignial batteries. The old one last about 20% shorter than original.

Seems like Divipower upgraded the cells but still charge the same price.

highly recommended to get rather than phottix branded one.

anybody use this on k5 yet? how is it perform as compare when use on k7? believe is the same right? haha wanna get 2 for my k5!!

called manly they have stock for this with price $28 each. really a lot cheaper than original pentax one