ThinkTank StreetWalker® Pro can bring onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Hi guys,

Sorry this is my second question, can i bring my ThinkTank StreetWalker® Pro with equipment filled (7D with Grip, 400mm 5.6L, 50mm lens, 580 flash) and a laptop on board?
Something like this
Streetwalker-Pro-3.gif
I don't want to book this as luggage, otherwise i will get broken lens on other end :sweat:.
Shouldn't be a problem right, BTW i am taking SQ.

Try to carry it as if it is very light weight and no one will have any problem with it. If you are on business class or is a PPS Club member, then you don't even have to fake it. They will let you get on board even if they know it is heavy...

confirm can. i bring before. mine is the HD version.
It is not the size but the weight. 7Kg is the official limit for carry-on although it is hardly being enforced other than on budget flights.

Thank you guys, but my bloody bag looks so big that even it is 1KG but it looks like 10KG :(.
I will be not in business class (ticket price from Singapore to US in business class will be insane).

$8k+ round trip SIN/JFK. But if it is not your own money, why not? :bsmilie:

it could be a box of mangoes or your old underwear....... if the dimensions of the case fits within carry-on size limits, it can be handcarried on board

normally about 22" x 14" x 9" dimensions .........if your bag are within these numbers, then its ok

it could be a box of mangoes or your old underwear....... if the dimensions of the case fits within carry-on size limits, it can be handcarried on board

normally about 22" x 14" x 9" dimensions .........if your bag are within these numbers, then its ok

better don't bring mangoes to Australia (they will throw them :D).
Back to business, i will measure hopefully bag will be not bigger than dimension.

better don't bring mangoes to Australia (they will throw them :D).
Back to business, i will measure hopefully bag will be not bigger than dimension.

Normally , it shld be ok,
you can see people carrying luggage which are bigger then this bag on board
National carrier is normally OK,
budget airline, depending how strict they want to enforce

mine is a lowpro compu trekker
shorter in height , but thicker in depth, no problem carrying on board so far
just that for domestic flight, the top compartment might be too small to fit in,
so have to put under the seat :)

i brought the SW Pro onboard before. No problem. If you had read the description on TTP website, it says:

Designed for use in urban and crowded environments, this slim, lightweight backpack backpack is sized as an international travel carry-on. It will hold up to a Pro-size DSLR with a 400 2.8 attached.

:)

really depends...if you are using a pelican case which is what a lot of heavy gear photographers do, dont worry about checking in as luggage. Those cases are insanely tough.

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail_rotomold.php?Case=AL4024

to answer your question, usually have no problems if travelling by the country`s national carrier but for budget flights, best to stay on the side of caution and wear some of the stuff in the bag on your person so that the weight dont exceed their official limit.

wearing the 7d with the 50mm + flash ought to reduce the weight of the bag. once in the plane just put everything back.

Last edited:
i think it shouldn't be a problem.. i brought my Lowepro Pro Trekker 300 AW (look like the new SAF full-pack) onboard SQ flights recently.. they never question and they never look at my bag.. so long your bag can fit in the overhead compartment and have no problems bringing it up it should be fine..

Dun worry...you will not have any problems carrying your camera bag on board. I'm working for SQ. SQ will not be silly to ask you to check in the baggage. Anything items missing or damage, SQ will be in deep ****. ;p

I had brought Airport Antidote and StreetWalker Pro fully loaded and tripod strapped to them on both national carriers and budget airlines. No questions asked.

Thank you very much guys.
Anyway my wife is going to airport to send me off, in case if they said cannot then i will pass her my bag.
I think head compartments are big enough, but again if enough space available (sometimes passengers sitting on other places put their items on top of your compartment :().

Status
Not open for further replies.