Thinktank skin set

DjSnap

Feb 9, 2011
Any1 used it before and wat do you think?honest comments appreciated

TT skin cases are great. portable and packable when empty. But I am only really using the Chimp cage, Skin 50 and skin strobe.

For my longer lens like 85/1.4 with hood or 70-200 I use the Lowepro lens exchange 200AW instead.

using the belt system saves my back and shoulders from all that weight if i were to put everything in one heavy bag. using only TT skin 75, skin 50, and skin strobe with a skin belt as i only need these 3; skin 75 for my 70-200, skin 50 for 24-70 and skin strobe for flash.

also very convenient to reach for your flash or to change lenses. can also attach to my TT UD35 for additional space when i need more and don't want to wear the belt going to places.

and when done shooting, can easily detach the dividers inside and flatten (very thin) for storage.

only cons is that they don't provide much protection against banging, so have to be careful.

was wondering the price and do they have instocks tried calling but nvr pick up

you can head down to TK at funan to check and also test/see the various skin components and belts to customize to your setup. last time i went there they were having a 20% sale on modular and skin systems. people were grabbing like crazy. :eek:

alternatively, you can check the Think Tank website for an approximation of prices (just convert USD to SGD)

I just bought my belt system 2 days ago. I spoke to one of the man (specky, slightly chubby) and asked if i can connect the belt to the harness and put on the attachments that i'm considering. He agreed and i put on all the stuff then decided on what i was going to buy. After trying the items, i asked if they have new pcs for the items i wanted and the tall specky (usually unfriendly and bad attitude) man smiled and said they did and proceeded to retrieve the items for me. btw, i saw a skin set and a normal set in their boxes there too.

There is a 20% discount for some of the skin items at TK. here's what i bought and the prices...
1. Pro belt - $49
2. Racing Harness - $49
3. Skin Chimp Cage - $44.80 (after 20% Discount)
4. Digital Holster 20 V2 - $80

If i recall correctly, these skin items got 20%, skin double wide, skin chimp cage, skin 50, skin strobe.

I fully endorse the skin sets. I used 2x chimp / 75 pop down / R U thirsty, with skin belt. Don't feel anything on my shoulders one bit! :) However, due to the weight of the heavy zoom I'm using now, I feel that my thighs are thinning down a bit... :bsmilie:

I just bought a Skin Set from TK Photo today. Been researching and trying out all kinds of combinations and decided on the Skin set rather than the Modular.
I tried on all the components with my gear and I honestly feel (a) I need some kind of harness to help with the weight (trying out unused bag straps over the shoulder to see if that could work first) (b) much too heavy and bulky to move easily if I used all the components from the set. I would probably use different combinations for different uses. Outdoor sports events, Zoo or Bird Park, F1 etc each would require different lenses and equipment. All require the gear to be carried for hours. I have tried all kinds of bags before, backpacks, shoulder, sling, messenger etc etc. None seem to completely workable for long hours of shooting on the move. Backpacks is good for distribution of weight but useless for quick access and slings are good for access but the weight on the single shoulder is no better than a messenger carried across body. Will be using the Skin set this weekend at the zoo and will see how it performs.

I just bought a Skin Set from TK Photo today. Been researching and trying out all kinds of combinations and decided on the Skin set rather than the Modular.
I tried on all the components with my gear and I honestly feel (a) I need some kind of harness to help with the weight (trying out unused bag straps over the shoulder to see if that could work first) (b) much too heavy and bulky to move easily if I used all the components from the set. I would probably use different combinations for different uses. Outdoor sports events, Zoo or Bird Park, F1 etc each would require different lenses and equipment. All require the gear to be carried for hours. I have tried all kinds of bags before, backpacks, shoulder, sling, messenger etc etc. None seem to completely workable for long hours of shooting on the move. Backpacks is good for distribution of weight but useless for quick access and slings are good for access but the weight on the single shoulder is no better than a messenger carried across body. Will be using the Skin set this weekend at the zoo and will see how it performs.

Bro, the racing harness will be what you are looking for...
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/pixel-racing-harness-v2.aspx