Thinking of getting external flash and a new lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgaris

Jul 2, 2007
Hello,

I just joined this community, nice to meet you all, and hopefully I can learn more from you guys!

Back to the topic, I'm a Canon EOS 400D user, and after using this camera for a while I think I need an external flash and also a new lens. Hopefully they are cheap (Max. $400 in total if possible)

About the external flash, I just need one where changing the flash intensity is easy, and hopefully it can be used as a remote flash. I wonder if a slave flash can be used, and so please tell me what model of flash I should look out for!

As for the lens, I'm mostly a macro photographer so hopefully I can get a lens which has a range greater than the 18-55mm range the standard lens has. The brand doesn't need to be Canon, but of course it should at least be compatible, so any suggestions of the best lens for me?

Thanks for reading :)

Hm okay, so what about the external flash? I'm getting the flash first since the standard lens has yet to frustrate me...

Okay, will keep note of that :)

sigma EF500dg super flash at $380+ :thumbsup:

430ex. ;)

get a 430EX cause i just got mine it works great

Thanks for the advice! ;)

the sigma 500 DG super is a very good choice for its price. I'm using one for the past 1 year.

But yr $400 budget is way too low for both lens and flash. The Tamron 90mm is a good choice but since canon 100mm is not too much in price difference now, itw would be a better choice.

the sigma 500 DG super is a very good choice for its price. I'm using one for the past 1 year.

But yr $400 budget is way too low for both lens and flash. The Tamron 90mm is a good choice but since canon 100mm is not too much in price difference now, itw would be a better choice.

do u have any problem with sigma flash ettl?

how about a cheap 2nd hand 420EX?

macro lens wise either of the 3 3rd parties would be fine

tokina 100

sigma 105

tamron 90..

tamron 90 seem to have some reviews saying its as good as the canon100mm

how about a cheap 2nd hand 420EX?

macro lens wise either of the 3 3rd parties would be fine

tokina 100

sigma 105

tamron 90..

tamron 90 seem to have some reviews saying its as good as the canon100mm

I second that. Tamron 90 is everything as comparable to canon 100 except that its kind of noisy when it comes to AF. but then again, I doubt anyone would use AF for macro. ^^

Get 430ex. It's not realli that expensive. Why not just buy both and pay by installment @ places like Cathay which provide 0% interest installment? ;)

I second that. Tamron 90 is everything as comparable to canon 100 except that its kind of noisy when it comes to AF. but then again, I doubt anyone would use AF for macro. ^^

Get 430ex. It's not realli that expensive. Why not just buy both and pay by installment @ places like Cathay which provide 0% interest installment? ;)

Ooh... Cathay, where is it?

Ahh, will check it out one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.