thinking of getting a new tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murcielago

Mar 14, 2005
i am thinking of getting a new tripod to replace my current one as my lenses have gotten bigger and needs bigger tripod.

my considerations are that, pan tilt head and ideally have a liquid tube to tell u it's horizontal (forgot the terms for it),
light weight,
can sustain a load of ~5kg,
affordable (so no CF tripods unless it's clear stock. say under $180 for a start ?)
have a QR plate

Thanks.

Spirit level.

You can buy a spirit level to mount on to your flash shoe. In this way you can have a wider choice of tripods as many good tripods do not come with spirit levels!

Won't be light at the price you're looking at.

i think a manfrotto 190pro (c/w spirit level) + 488RC0 (c/w spirit level) suit your needs. just look in the BnS here for a good deal. my combi is 190DB + 488RC0.

cant be heavier than my camera and my mirror can liao

If you want it to be stable, then pretty unlikely at your budget. A decent aluminium tripod would be about a kilo plus close to 2... and you need to factor in the head which can be half a kilo to near 1 kilo depending on model and size.

Even with CF tripod, you save only a few hundred grams at most...

basically weight of the tripod isnt my concern, ignore my post on the camera and mirror part...abit wrong.

do these tripods come in kits (body and head)? Thanks!

do these tripods come in kits (body and head)? Thanks!

Yes, occasionally some shops and sellers do package them into a set to be sold as a kit.

Try taking at look at the PPCP one? I think you'll find some happy customers here if you do a search. :)

Oh...just sold my PPCP (previous version w/o the spirit level) and ball head over the weekend for $100 only. You should have posted this earlier. Yup, the PPCP is pretty good. Hope you can get your tripod soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.