Thinking of getting a better DSLR!

For a lady, I think D7000 should go along well with your current lenses and considering the weight ratio. If you have a budget, work with it first. Next, go to a camera shop and feel the camera bodies and try them out first.

Better cameras in the DX format would be D90 or D7000 or D300s. But do bear in mind that higher end bodies comes with increased weight. D3000 is extremely light.. Or u may wanna consider D5100, which I dont recommend as there's not much difference from D3000.

Wow, D5100 inherits the sensor from D7000 but doesn't have much difference from D3000.. Not even when d3000 doesn't have live view, :think: ....

On topic, D7000 would be a good choice if you're planning on staying DX.
D5100 would be a lighter choice and more similar to D3000 in terms of weight and the articulated screen might be helpful if you have a perchant for taking pictures from angles where looking through the viewfinder would be challenging.

As others have suggested, would be good to try out whichever camera you are interested in before making a final decision. :)

Thanks everyone, I will probably go try out when IT fair comes!!! ;)

Why wait so long squeeze in the crowd? There are shops that has ready sets to try. Or you can visit nikon service center. you will be more comfortable in these places instead.

Wow, D5100 inherits the sensor from D7000 but doesn't have much difference from D3000.. Not even when d3000 doesn't have live view, :think: ....

Woh Woh Woh.. Dont flame me on that..

I meant that it isnt that much of a jump from the D3000 to D5100. It'll most probably better if she gotten a D7k or taken the leap to FX rather than to upgrade to D5100 only to find out that she's restricted yet again by the camera.

I still think that TS should just stick w the current camera n lens setup, and shoot more until she (?) finds a real limitation with it.
Long delay between shots is just some extra function being turned on.
Unless TS really need more speed (fps) or something, then can revisit this topic again.

Go to nikon service center to try out all their cameras. It's there on display and you can molest it until u feel happy with one. :)

coolthought said:
You really sure sports and wild life should be shot using a DX body?? o_O
and a DX body not suitable for landscape and portraits?? o_O
From what you said.....I must be doing it wrong. I shoot mostly landscape using a D90. :p

Do u have the photo between FX n DX body? I want to c what is the big differ? I don't think there a huge gap.... Tk

Woh Woh Woh.. Dont flame me on that..

I meant that it isnt that much of a jump from the D3000 to D5100. It'll most probably better if she gotten a D7k or taken the leap to FX rather than to upgrade to D5100 only to find out that she's restricted yet again by the camera.

Point taken~ :angel:

I've always supported d300s for Dx and d700 for budget constraint Fx lovers.

I've always supported d300s for Dx and d700 for budget constraint Fx lovers.

Anyone knows the replacement for D300 coming out soon or not ?

I think d7000 is the better body between d300s and 7000 , 7000 has better sensors Not sure if d90 is better in price though might like to check that out

I read there might be a replacement announced this year for d300 s

Marc Chan said:
I read there might be a replacement announced this year for d300 s

You are probably right.
Doesn't change the fact that D300s is an extremely capable camera :)

You are probably right.
Doesn't change the fact that D300s is an extremely capable camera :)

Given D7000 is already packed so much features, can't wait to see "D400" enhancements !

Yes agreed I use d300 myself and cannot wait for the replacement model with d7000's newer technologies