thinking of buying a lowepro bag.... which is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

thinking of buying a lowepro bag......
but noticed that a lot of people using shoulder bag, dun really see a lot of people using the lowepro backpacks.....

is shoulder bag a better version than backpacks ?

what are the pros and cons of shoulder bags compared to backpacks?

is it shoulder bags easier to change lens compared to backpacks ?

i know the best is to get both types and use whichever the situation calls for....
but limited budget here..... want to get one that is most suitable for all situations....

any advise ? like to hear your views.....

erm... depends on what sort of equipment you want to carry around. maybe you'll want to list down what you intend to bring around. The Nikon domke-like clone (given with D50 or D70) would actually be a good enough shoulder bag.

got the nikon free bag when i bought the D70.....
unfortunately, the internal cushion bag tear about 5 cm near the zip area.... not a big issue, but dun feel good.....

i normally carry D70 (of course camera body must bring... hee hee)
external flash (sb600)
and depends on shooting what.... mostly, kit lens or 70-300mm, and 50mm....

will normally carry short umbrella if shooting outdoors,
a bottle of mineral water
a small piece of bread
spare batteries and memory card
an extra t shirt to change if shooting outdoors (i perspire easily one)
tripod (wow.... this one xian..... heavy sia.....)

so what is your opinion on a more suited bag?
the shoulder bag i sling over my shoulder if shoot like 5 hours, go home mostly feel strain on neck area due to weight on shoulder to neck area for too long.....

How big sized are you? Don't mind me asking but I made this mistake myself.
I'm small sized, thin, guess what?! The Lowepro bag look so big on me it looks 'weird',
almost like an 'old' school boy.

It is also heavier than 'normal' bags due to the padding, add a cam and few lenses,
it's tiring to lug around all day (travelling) unless you plan to go on a local short
shoot trip.

I've since replaced it with a bag more suitable for my build, one that does not attract
stares either although it's not padded. It's lighter and changing of lenses in my opinion
is alot easier. Look at the placement of lenses on the lowepro bag and ask yourself if it's
easy to reach the stuff at the bottom quickly. It's also not quite what we're used to.

Hope it helps;)
*The above expressed view comes from a noob, please don't shoot me if I'm wrong.:sweat:

thanks all for the advice......

will drop by CP and have a look.....
called CP and checked prices of some lowepro bags....
wow..... lowepro bags are certainly expensive....

any recommendations for padded camera bags that come slightly cheaper ?

Think that you can also consider an Orion Trekker (I am using one now). Top compartment for misc and bottom for camera stuff ... may be upgrading to a Orion AW soon ...

You can always come into B&S to see see look look ... if you dun mind 2nd hand items ...

i started with a lowepro backpack.. den find that its hard to deploy fast enough...

after that i used a crumpler side sling, then find it too bulky... then constantly slip...

so now use a lowepro SBO hehehe... so far so good... only thing is, ppl think i going to chiong suah chiong hai instead of going to take pics...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
so now use a lowepro SBO hehehe... so far so good... only thing is, ppl think i going to chiong suah chiong hai instead of going to take pics...

SBO??? The shoulder hardness and waist belt combo right??? How much is the shoulder hardness?????

Anyone know the estimate price of the back pack?? Treker micro or something???

Personally i prefer backpacks... because my lenses are too heavy for shoulder bags...
Try Lowepro Computrekker or Computrekker Plus or Mini trekker.!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i have two lowepro backpack, computrekker and minitrekker

minitrekker is smaller and i use it when i no need to bring laptop

computrekker is huge, but the strap more comfortable when carry heavy load, got delicated compartment for laptop too

used to have a few sling bags, but dont like them

hee hee... thanks guys....
this morning went CP to buy liao....

got myself a orion trekker......
think quite good la.....
would have bought the mini trekker but only thing is that need to remove haversack to access lens....

orion can access lens easier...

thanks all again for advice....

all of them are not very nice and overpriced. use DIY bag is best

I can't seem to find a backpack which I like that can fit my notebook and still appear not too big... had the Computrekker and sold it even without using it, bought a Crumpler backpack and still is too big.

Any better ones out there?

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.