Thinking of buying a 2nd Hand Canon DSLR Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

totoro17

Nov 6, 2006
Hi,

What do I look for when Im buying a 2nd Hand Canon DSLR Camera? Any checklist for me to assist me to buy the 2nd Hand Canon DSLR Camera? Any bad tactics used by those who want to clear their camera? What are the things that most common to spoil? What are the things that are prone to wear and tear? Thanks.

Regards,

Check the marketplace section here... most CSers are honest, and there are lots of 350 and 400D for sale.

When you buy 2nd hand stuff, there is always a risk, especially when there is no more warranty left. Look out for extreme physical damage. Watch out for cracks, minor scratches is ok. Try out the burst mode. Brighten and dimmer the LCD display. Try out each individual button to confirm they are working. Check if you can unmount and mount the lens smoothly.
Checked the battery compartment, to ensure the contact point is not rusty and the cover can be closed completely. Feel free to ask qns about the history of the camera, and why the seller is selling. But don't overdo it and piss the seller off. :bsmilie:
The rest is based on trust and your luck.

hahaha.. yes yes yes. dun ask stupid qns like u pop ur flash how many times, this button that button press how many times, whether u sling the strap on shoulder or neck. u get my drift. :p

Most commonly asked questions when looking at a used dslr
1) Shutter Count
2) Warranty status (shop or agent)
3) Any servicing done (if yes, for what, when & where - agent or other places; ask for receipt if possible)

Before you actually pay, test every single function (not just function) if possible to ensure everything works. And one last thing; if it is no longer under warranty, ask for a week/30 day full refund it doesn't work during that period (aka seller's gurantee)

Check all the connection points, ie. audio out video out blah blah blah.
If any, that is. Depending on what you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.