Think tank shapeshifter, rotation 360 or streetwalker hardrive?

Blackgoddess

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
Hi guys, I'm requesting opinion of bros who use think tank bags. I'm going overseas for a business trip n will extend for some sightseeing. I will be carrying 2 DSLRs - 40D with 10-22 n 50D with 18-200 with a slik tripod, some filters,batteries, chargers, some misc items like passport, n hv to carry laptop with charger n mouse to work.

I've only seen the shapeshifter from outside. It cannot carry lens attached to the camera like the streetwalker HD n rotation right? I'd hv to remove the lenses before I stuff it in the bag? Im interested in thus shapeshifter cos it looks great n can carry a notebook which is great cos I'll be carrying a laptop for work as well.

Would a streetwalker HD hv a bigger inside capacity then the shapeshifter? I know my lenses can be attaches to the cam n placed in this bag.

As for the rotation 360, the only reason I'm considering is that I saw it on offer at TK FOTO at $289 but this one cannot fit laptop n I'd then hv to carry another laptop bag... Hassle.

If u were in my place, which would u consider? I've been considering this question for a few weeks already n no conclusion as yet.

Another question I was considering (related to this think tank system) is, I hv been considering a digital holster on a speed belt for the 50D n the 40D on a RS-7. Now since I'm going to get a thinktank bag, I'm thinking of just getting the thinktank straps for camera n attaching the cams to the D-rings on the bags. Then I'd hv 2 cams within reach. Just worried they will be swinging here n there..
Again what would you get for carrying 2 cams?

The streetwalker HD's waistbelt is removable. You can replace it with TT speedbelts and fit pouches or the holster if you reach your location and want to leave the backpack in the hotel

The streetwalker HD's waistbelt is removable. You can replace it with TT speedbelts and fit pouches or the holster if you reach your location and want to leave the backpack in the hotel

i thought u can only store it away, its not removable....

hmm if you need to carry the laptop as well, might as well go for the HD. but of course, ask yourself if traveling alot, then go for the HD. but if you're not, you can get the rotation.

i have the HD LOL. bu for my purposes it's good. because i can chuck my mouse and notebook adapter together with my gear. pretty useful especially if you carry lots of other accessories ;)

akerue said:
i thought u can only store it away, its not removable....

You can remove it. There's a buckle on each side of the waist strap. You can slide out the straps on both side

More photos of the shapeshifter, http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/shape-shifter-backpack.aspx

I have a streetwalker hd from a few years ago. Sometimes it does feel a bit fat but it can definitely hold a lot. By adjusting the padding you can definitely fit two bodies with lenses attached.

With that kind of load, suggest you get a trolley bag instead and give your back a break. When back pain hits, its too late to regret.

With that kind of load, suggest you get a trolley bag instead and give your back a break. When back pain hits, its too late to regret.

that's not too heavy. that load's still bearable. why get a trolley bag? they're much heavier.