Think Tank Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
Hi, notice there are not much of the information on Think Tank bags in CS. Through searching in googles and yahoo search in Singapore. I found out that there are no shops selling these bags.

I found out the design of the bags are very innovative. So I took the guts, to purchase a Airport Acceleration and Wipe it out from Think Tank in US. Would right a review once it arrived.

Meanwhile, Csers who these bags are welcome to expresse their views. Would like to listen their opinions. Cheers! :)

Just a few days ago, socksiong (a fellow CSer) and I met up to discuss about our latest purchases from Think Tank - Rotation 360 (socksiong) and Change Up (me). So far, we are very pleased on the design and functionality of the backpack/bag. Should expect no less from the ex-product developer lead of Lowepro ;p

We are also wondering about the absence of Think Tank in Singapore but in fact, another CSer had previously tried to promote Think Tank but IIRC, the attempt didn't go well.

Think Tank bags are also pretty expensive, about the same price range as Domke or even more expensive for products such as the Airport Security. Coupled with the shipping charges, even the Change Up cost me close to SGD300, even more for the Rotation 360.

Just a few days ago, socksiong (a fellow CSer) and I met up to discuss about our latest purchases from Think Tank - Rotation 360 (socksiong) and Change Up (me). So far, we are very pleased on the design and functionality of the backpack/bag. Should expect no less from the ex-product developer lead of Lowepro ;p

We are also wondering about the absence of Think Tank in Singapore but in fact, another CSer had previously tried to promote Think Tank but IIRC, the attempt didn't go well.

Think Tank bags are also pretty expensive, about the same price range as Domke or even more expensive for products such as the Airport Security. Coupled with the shipping charges, even the Change Up cost me close to SGD300, even more for the Rotation 360.

I do agree about the cost of purchasing and shippment. Mine for two items have hit over US$400. Can't imagine how much when convert to Sing $. :sweat:

Like the concept of Rotation 360, a very daring design and very useful in most situations.
I will be waiting for mine to come in. I believe that with that price shows the quality of the product. I like camera bag that doesn't look like camera bag. At least it will help me in certain situations. ;)

Maybe getting the Urban disguise 50 or 60 later....:think::bsmilie:

For now, I am pleased with the Change Up and is thinking of getting the Urban Disguise 50 next. Maybe will get the Airport International or Security after that ;p

Despite how a camera bag may not look like one, once you take a camera out of it, the disguise is gone. But the Urban Disguise has pretty good security as its flap is secured by both velcro strips and buckle.

For now, I am pleased with the Change Up and is thinking of getting the Urban Disguise 50 next. Maybe will get the Airport International or Security after that ;p

Despite how a camera bag may not look like one, once you take a camera out of it, the disguise is gone. But the Urban Disguise has pretty good security as its flap is secured by both velcro strips and buckle.

At least, in certain aspect it doesn't look like camera bag. People wouldn't notice it
Now all the securities had been trained to look for common bags like Lowepro and crumplers.

Will the shippment cost be lower, if we do a mass order? Has anyone used SINGPOST for shipping oversea stuff back? :think:

Hiya, I took my Rotation 360 out for a test drive last weekend in Fort Canning. The rotation is indeed v convenient. Here are some pros n cons

Pros:-
1) Rotation is very convenient
2) Theres a clip for you to hook on to your camera strap,so will take the load off your neck
3) You can add modulus equipments to the waist pouch and bag
4) I think it is compatible with some Lowepro products
5) If you're a walkabout shooter, this bag is enough. Can put some more stuffs in the top compartment.

Cons:-
1) Heavy (unladen wt is 5kg)
2) Pricey US279 without shipping
3) Shipping, Vpost shipping is around $150. Thinktank direct shipping is US80. I think you might want to try comgateway.com.

Conclusion:-
Its a all-in-one bag for tourists or just walkabout shooting. Its abit bulky if you take public transport, but being human beings, we'll get used to it. And you need to read the manual to fully utilise the bags, don't worry, its only 5 pages:). My suggestion is think twice before buying this bag, cos it is not cheap. And if you do get it, make sure you warm up your back before carrying it.

Hiya, I took my Rotation 360 out for a test drive last weekend in Fort Canning. The rotation is indeed v convenient. Here are some pros n cons

Pros:-
1) Rotation is very convenient
2) Theres a clip for you to hook on to your camera strap,so will take the load off your neck
3) You can add modulus equipments to the waist pouch and bag
4) I think it is compatible with some Lowepro products
5) If you're a walkabout shooter, this bag is enough. Can put some more stuffs in the top compartment.

Cons:-
1) Heavy (unladen wt is 5kg)
2) Pricey US279 without shipping
3) Shipping, Vpost shipping is around $150. Thinktank direct shipping is US80. I think you might want to try comgateway.com.

Conclusion:-
Its a all-in-one bag for tourists or just walkabout shooting. Its abit bulky if you take public transport, but being human beings, we'll get used to it. And you need to read the manual to fully utilise the bags, don't worry, its only 5 pages:). My suggestion is think twice before buying this bag, cos it is not cheap. And if you do get it, make sure you warm up your back before carrying it.

Huh? 5kg weight. I think I will pass this. :sweat:
Airport Acceleration is around 3kg around the same weight as Lowepro Vertex 200AW (My first consideration before this)

Now trying to search for a cheaper method to ship the next bag (target Urban Disguise 60) maybe try the Asia Distributor. :bsmilie:

If you are not in a hurry to get the UD60, perhaps we can combine the purchases. I am not sure if this will save on Think Tank's direct shipping but if you want to use it real fast, that's the way to go. I got my CU about a week after the payment.

If you are not in a hurry to get the UD60, perhaps we can combine the purchases. I am not sure if this will save on Think Tank's direct shipping but if you want to use it real fast, that's the way to go. I got my CU about a week after the payment.

I will observe the quality of the Airport Aceleration before making my mind on purchasing the UD60. If its good, my next purchase will be end of the month after my business trip. Will inform you before making the next purchase. :)

I would still go through the TT's direct shipping, as it is the fastest way to receive the items.

Have you gone through the TT's module system (Belt system), their look efficient in accessing and changing lens. Just rotate around the waist. I also saw one of our CSer's using the system. His review was in the TT web. Do notice quite number of sportshooters using the system.

From what I see on their website, I think their module system is good. Was thinking of getting 1 of those after my lens purchase:). Maybe we all should meetup and let you view their products first hand. See before you decide.

Just went to their site not too long ago. I think they have some really great ideas (though I don't really like the design of the Urban Disguise).

Just went to their site not too long ago. I think they have some really great ideas (though I don't really like the design of the Urban Disguise).

You maybe right at certain things. But the design is meant for "no like camera bag look" as quoted in the web. What I like about UD is the built and versatility. Can imagine, the front two pockets are able to put 1Ds bodies without lens attached. :)

I think I still have some of the photos of the flap, interior and dividers of UD40/50 when I last inquired about the UD50.

Urban Disguise 40 interior (similar to Urban Disguise 50)

UD40_interior.jpg

Urban Disguise 40 extra dividers (compared to a Nikon 20/2.8D)

UD40_ExtraDiv.jpg

Urban Disguise 50 front flap (notice the clasp is on the inside)

UD50_frontflapenclosure.jpg

The photos are taken at Think Tank. Yes, they do provide quite a number of dividers for your arrangement. I am currently using two for my Change Up and I have 6 dividers of different sizes left unused.

The dividers that comes with the Change Up (compared with the Nikon 35-70/2.8)

ChangeUp_Dividers.jpg

All that for just a waist pack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.