Think of upgrade to DSLR. Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilbertGoh

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore
I have playing with P&S cam for some thing already.
Canon Ixus 50
Fugifilm Z2

i am thinking of upgrading.

think of geting

nikon d80
with
tamron 17-50/f2.8
or
nikon
18-200VR
any 12-24

thinking of getting flash and tripod and flash later.
if there are better combination plz feel free to share or advice me.

thanks in advice.

the 18-200 and the 17-50 serve quite different purposes. 18-200 is a great general pupose lens.
but the 2.8, will get you places the 18-200 cant take u to. and its also better IQ.

i would think so. but which would be a good one to start

to me a 17-50 is a good all in one. good for in doors

but 18-200 vr is good for outdaoors mainly right?
is the kit with D80 good?
the 18-135?

i am more of a shoot and move kind of guy. dun really like the idea of a tripod.
heavy and hard to come around without a car.

since u getting a f2.8 lens...why not consider the nikkor 17-55 instead...

i would like to get that but it is quite X. i was thinking of installments. As i stated i only going to start DSLR, so i do not know if i need that good a lens yet. the tamron 17-50 is quite good right?
is the price difference really that worth it?

told you already D80+tamron 17-50, no other alternatives for this price. :cool:

OIC it is you, hahahaha.
i think i going to buy today. want to go? free?

may go for canon 400d. i saw some pics looks good too.

the nikon d80 kit len would consider because i still do not know what is the type of shooting range i would like and go into.

Decide what you would like to shoot ..... landscape, people, flowers or ..... ???
This will help you narrow down the type of lens to buy.
As for the camera, it is really personal preference ....
Like they use to say in CS, it's the people behind the camera ....;)

for me, i would like to try a bit of every thing before i narrow my choice. i would think it would be too early to narrow the things i am going to shoot. it would be a hobby that i go any where with it and not go to place only the cam shoots good.

for me, i would like to try a bit of every thing before i narrow my choice. i would think it would be too early to narrow the things i am going to shoot. it would be a hobby that i go any where with it and not go to place only the cam shoots good.

Why don't you stick with the kit lens 1st and subsequently you will know, intuitively, if you need any other lenses..

the starter lens i do not know if it is good or not.

erm... since you are not new (played with PnS at the very least), you should be able to understand what you prefer to shoot, else look again at your images and check what focal length you used mostly in the past. get a length that suit those.

sorry but here is where i sound noobezz, how do you check the focal length on the pic already taken. if you ask what are the pic i usually take, i would say depends heavy on mood and moment.

thanks for the replies.

knowing your choice can really save u tons of $$:bsmilie: For instance,taking portrait photos buying 35mm or 50mm(F1.4) for fullbody & 85mm(F1.4), 105mm or 135mm for half body shoot.Cos using prime lens can apparently achieve better quality photos. For shooting event,try this lens 70-200VR.OR if u need to shoot events very often,buy 300mm(F2.8) prime lens.This lens..:sweat: :sweat: .It's gonna cost u a bomb..about 7-8k..& for wide angel lens,buy 17-35mm(F2.8) or 17-55mm. Or maybe even wider range 12-24mm..

As for the body,do consider getting D200.Or if u can wait a bti longer u can try the Fujifilm S5pro professionial DSLR.. NEVER buy thing on impulse.. Once u buy,price dropped if u wanna sell them away.. So!! consider very.. extremely ..careful before u buy anything.Good thing never comes cheap ok..All this gears can really buy u 1 small cc car already..heehee..

ya...give the S5 pro a try or the D200...

thanks to the replies so far. i think i will need to do more research before the purchase.

btw ExplorerX
the program ans
focal lenght 60+
iso 640+
f4.6

thanks to the replies so far. i think i will need to do more research before the purchase.

btw ExplorerX
the program ans
focal lenght 60+
iso 640+
f4.6
eh 60+? the important to look at will be the focal length.. you might wan to ingore the rest of the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.