things to take for CNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcrash

Jan 30, 2002
Hougang
www.samuelgoh.net
hi guys,

went chinatown today without much prep , ended up taken nothing for cny.....

anyway come to think of it, i shld have prep b4 venturing out.

wat are the main things to note about CNY?

-the lar changs
-guo zi
-the crowd

wat else?
really dun wish to miss the taking for the festival...

overcrash said:
hi guys,

went chinatown today without much prep , ended up taken nothing for cny.....

anyway come to think of it, i shld have prep b4 venturing out.

wat are the main things to note about CNY?

-the lar changs
-guo zi
-the crowd

wat else?
really dun wish to miss the taking for the festival...

Besides what u mentioned above..any else that is of attraction.

I think most importantly it's how you see the CNY festive season. Objects, people... even things like the festive spirit, the colours of CNY etc etc! There are so many things to shoot for. It's all how you want to express it. :)

Amekaze said:
I think most importantly it's how you see the CNY festive season. Objects, people... even things like the festive spirit, the colours of CNY etc etc! There are so many things to shoot for. It's all how you want to express it. :)

Agree..man...I have yet to do scouting around for a good shot. :think: :bsmilie:

Well did my first souting today...well shot quite abit too for the daylight shots. So I am more or less prepare for whats to come for my evening and night shoot.

They have the chicken with the basket on both ends of the lightup. I think the best would be to start from there. (Outram Mrt). I am not sure if something might be wrong in or maybe in the day time they switch it off from rotating but the chicken is not only not rotating but it was facing in a not so nice way today..that goes for both of them! When you shoot it in the later afternoon with the sun shining toward Cityhall from Outram MRT, the lighting is only good to shooting it towarding cityhall's direction and the chicken head is facing you directly so you dont get a slight profile of the head which I think would have been better.

Same goes for the pillar with the dragon. Due to the way it is wrap around the pillar in one direction, if you want to catch the light of the sun on the dragon head, you need to go in the morning so the sun is shining from Cityhall toward Outram MRT in that way you get to have the dragon head lit. When I was there, I have to shot from the other side but the head was somewhat shadow by the pillar. I love the sky today though...nice blue all around most of the time when the sun was not hidden by drifting clouds.

The Giant God of Wealth has been shifted from Bugis and is now located just next to the Rickshaw HQ and the proposed site of the Buddha Tooth's new temple. If you are going in the day time...besure to not just take note of the activities at ground and eye level...look up once in a while in all those Chinatown lanes...alot of nice old house roof and windows to shoot against a blue sky if you are lucky. I hardly even need to use my polariser today.

I can see shooting using 1-5sec exposure for the evening and night shots when shooting the stalls and crowd scene..to get that "flowy" look...I think it would be interesting to shoot at those "chinese sausage and dried pork meat store with the warm lighting"

Be sure to take some sunset shot from the overhead garden between People's Park & Lucky chinatown..shooting with the Lighted chicken and the skylight in the background.

If you can scout around before you go do your shoot...it will help you visualise your shooting and plan where to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.