Things to note when at the beach.

Bryson

Mar 16, 2010
Singapore
brysonwong.tumblr.com
Hi guys!
I'll be having a bbq party at pasir ris for a night only. I was thinking of bringing my DSLR to take pictures too. As i know, sea breeze/wind and salt in the air is bad for metal parts as it'll make metal rust. So i was thinking of having some advices or precautions from our fellow users here. Or is it not advisable to bring the cam down? :dunno:
Thanks!

Don't worry about it too much. I have brought my dslr knee deep into the sea and close to the surface of the water to take photos of my dog. So far so good. As long as you don't drop the whole thing into the sea and wipe it with a moist cloth afterwards to get rid of any sea water it should be fine. :D

no problem.

have been shooting the sea extensively for close to two years with current camera, and before that with different cameras for a bit here and there, nothing's happened to any of them. that includes occurences of splashes on the cam body itself.

Keep the sand away from your camera.

Just bring the camera down, and maybe use a cloth to wipe down the exterior of the camera at the end of the day.

take care when changing lens. Cam body face down or best dont change when windy or near PPL playing ball games.

Oh yah. Most importantly, bring along a flash since you are having the bbq at night.

Cheers:)

No issue bringing to beach, just don't let it touch the sand & seawater..
Try to get a filter to protect your lens if u are worried

Also dun borrow ur DSLR to those not familiar w/ handling it, lots of possible scenario like smudging your camera & lens w/ oily fingers during BBQ or dropping in seawater/sand, worse bbq pit ! :devil:
Fried DSLR, anyone ?

There's nothing to worry about if it's just for 1 day. Just don't be careless with it. That's all.

Just get some nice shots of bikini babes and share them here.... That's the number one thing to note. kekekekeke....... ;)

Don't worry too much, you have good advice from the seniors. Enjoy shooting. Remember to share more~

damp cloth is better.

wet tissue has chemicals, usually. if you wet normal tissue, it will leave happy bundles of wet tissue all over your camera.