things to look out for in japan??

flowin

May 26, 2010
Singapore
hi all

im going to japan next week, hokkaido and tokyo actually. Are there any photography related things to look out for in the shops? perhaps not available in sg or cheaper..

hi all

im going to japan next week, hokkaido and tokyo actually. Are there any photography related things to look out for in the shops? perhaps not available in sg or cheaper..

Assuming you will be in central Tokyo... Get in to any JR station, take Yamanote line to Akihabara. BTW Akihabara is an electronics town...Just outside Akihabara station, you will see Yodobashi Camera - 7 floors worth and shop till you drop. Enjoy!

hi all

All i know is used lens is damn cheap in Tokyo... but definitely now new ones :)

Assuming you will be in central Tokyo... Get in to any JR station, take Yamanote line to Akihabara. BTW Akihabara is an electronics town...Just outside Akihabara station, you will see Yodobashi Camera - 7 floors worth and shop till you drop. Enjoy!

dont think that its worth buying camera stuff at yodobashi. was there last year and did a comparision on the yodobashi shop prices vs the prices we can get in local store like MS, AP, CP, SLR revo. the prices there are higher, almost the same as RRP locally or even higher depending on exchange rates. But that all last year, now not sure.

Akihabara is a electronics gadget haven. u can find alot of weird, unique, fun, gadgets. from tiny spy stuff to big computer. think u need 3-4 days to fully cover akihabara.

enjoy your trip. have fun and snap snap snap for memories.

First hand and used items, I didn't find any that were cheaper than what you can get in Singapore. The only bargains I found were were the Fuji Polaroid cameras, if you are interested in that.