Things to look out for 2nd hand K-X?

Remedy

May 18, 2011
Hi,

New around here! Would like to check if there is anything to look out for when buying 2nd K-X?

Thanks!

Hi,

New around here! Would like to check if there is anything to look out for when buying 2nd K-X?

Thanks!

Welcome :)

Just like you buy all second hand stuff, check the cosmetic condition, working condition, warranty status, accessories and etc. It's not a very old camera, so usually it should be okay as long as it works on spot when you meet the seller.

If not very comfortabe with second hand stuff, just go and get a brand new one. It won't cost too much anyway.

Good luck :)

Thanks, is there any way to check on the number of times the shutter had been used? is that important?

Thanks, is there any way to check on the number of times the shutter had been used? is that important?

Yes, there are a few software which can help you read the shutter count. No, it's not very important. Normally the camera will die way before its shutter dies.

You can use PhotoME. And open one picture taken from your camera

Remove the covers off the lens, point it at the sun or a light source and look through it to see if there are any scratches or dust.

scaring me with this post..lol..how to actually test the camera? noob here..

I just let u known how to known shuttle counter on 2nd pentax camera.
But u so impolite.

scaring me with this post..lol..how to actually test the camera? noob here..

darkprice is actually trying to tell you to use a free software called "PhotoMe" to check for your shutter count.

I just let u known how to known shuttle counter on 2nd pentax camera.
But u so impolite.

sorry for the misunderstanding, i'm not familiar with this forum format and was trying to quote the post below your reply but i mistaken the button being on top..

was trying to say that buying second hand stuff with the fungus on the sensor is scary..

Sorry about it..

Hehe, no problem. I'm also misunderstanding. I'm just a newbie like you