Things to do in UK

was in London for 6 weeks from last Dec
u may want to try Bath + Stonehenge...Bath if u like old English charm and Stonehenge for historical interest

if u r Potter fan, can go Kings Cross station for the 9 3/4 platform..can do a day trip to Oxford as well..
Soccer fan, you may want to visit Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham or Spurs (heard area is unsafe) stadiums which are within London and maybe catch a match there..

musicals, u may wish to buy tixs on the day itself if it's not a weekend cos it's cheaper...Leicster square has many booths selling tixs

Thanks! Yup, i'll be covering Bath & Stonehedge during the tour!

For those staying heading to London, do check out the London Pass, covers things like Chelsea stadium tour. And for those who are interested in musicals but have no particular choices, places such as TKTS are what Kazaraza's referring to.

I always use my Singapore driving license when I hire a car in the UK , even though I am from the UK

The best fish and Chips in the world are made in Yorkshire.

Cambridge University is very nice , Oxford less so

I always use my Singapore driving license when I hire a car in the UK , even though I am from the UK

The best fish and Chips in the world are made in Yorkshire.

Cambridge University is very nice , Oxford less so

Hi Expat Yorkshire :),

I'm guessing you're from Yorkshire? Would it be worth a visit?

----------------------------------------------------

I've just added more places to my visit. Anyone been to Kew Gardens or Jurassic Coast?

BTW, the GBP 1 coin will be replaced.. taken out of tender.. FYI..

Hi Expat Yorkshire :),

I'm guessing you're from Yorkshire? Would it be worth a visit?

----------------------------------------------------

I've just added more places to my visit. Anyone been to Kew Gardens or Jurassic Coast?

Not just Fish and Chips, Yorkshire pudding and sunday roast. If you want a British feel Yorkshire is good start, cos Yorkshire covers loads of different cities like Sheffield, Leeds, York, Hull, greenery, landscape. There is the Peak district and you are not that far from the sea side, an hour or 2 drive max. London to me is quite commercialized like Singapore. I always saw Singapore like London but safer, plus its cheaper up north lol.

Expat Yorkshire, which part of yorkshire you from. I am born and bred in Sheffield

Last edited:
Hello all!

I'll be going to Britain in September with my folks. We'll be doing a 8 day Trafalgar tour which includes places like York, Stratford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol.

We'll also be having 3-4 days free & easy within London and possibly travelling out. So far, I only have plans far day trips to cambridge and westminster, and probably catching a musical.

Besides the above mentioned, are there any places worth visiting in London or England? Any places with breathtaking scenery, or rustic charms which are worth capturing? I guess during most of the tour I would be seeing quite a few castles and places of religious worship.

TIA

Brighton, Arundel castle, Warwick castle leichester, etc all easily reachable from london

In London, you can go Hampstead Heath, which is in Zone 2. There you can see the whole of Central London. People like to picnic there during summer and autumn. Also, visit Portobello Market at Notting Hill where the movie of the same name is shot. Best day is Saturday when all the shops are open.

Last edited: