things to come....


Status
Not open for further replies.

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#1
took this pic during my good buddy's wedding....makes me shiver....



comments welcomed...
 

Yappy

Senior Member
May 30, 2004
1,328
2
38
#5
Are you saying that the background isn't what you suppose to have or otherwise?

What was your subject? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#6
LiOnElLiN said:
cant quite make it out...
is that avacado jelly??
or a block of jade?
ha...i wish it was jade man.....Kho king is right, the hand it holding wasabi on bread, the one on the plate is raw bittergoud.....
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#7
Yappy said:
Are you saying that the background isn't what you suppose to have or otherwise?

What was your subject? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
my subjects? the things in colour lor....is it really that abstruct? well....back to the drawing board
 

tkkoh

New Member
May 24, 2004
202
0
0
Jurong West
#8
seems like singapore brides' sisters are running out of ideas on obstacles. when one of my friends got married early this year, we also had to go thru the wasabi and raw bittergoud test.

anyway for your photo:
1. seems like the plate of raw bittergoud is floating in the air.

2. for the bread + wasabi: maybe you should have gone closer/zoom in, or take from a higher ground for a more unique angle.

3. emphasize on either the bread OR the bittergoud, but not both. these 2 are not related, and when both are being emphasized, it leads to confusion. for this pix, I would emphasize on the bread... more meaningful story to tell. (unless there is something special about the bittergoud - e.g. it is sweet or something :) )

cheers,
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#9
tkkoh said:
seems like singapore brides' sisters are running out of ideas on obstacles. when one of my friends got married early this year, we also had to go thru the wasabi and raw bittergoud test.

anyway for your photo:
1. seems like the plate of raw bittergoud is floating in the air.

2. for the bread + wasabi: maybe you should have gone closer/zoom in, or take from a higher ground for a more unique angle.

3. emphasize on either the bread OR the bittergoud, but not both. these 2 are not related, and when both are being emphasized, it leads to confusion. for this pix, I would emphasize on the bread... more meaningful story to tell. (unless there is something special about the bittergoud - e.g. it is sweet or something :) )

cheers,
thanks for you comments,

Actually the original pic, i didn't blur the background too much but was told too much distracting so i blur more lor.

A bit hard to go nearer as i wasn't the official photographer didn't want to get in the way but will work on getting longer zoom.

hmm...wanted to emphasize on things that he have to go through so i thought both wasabi and bittergoud were related in that aspect.

Thanks again for your comments. Will try harder....
 

tkkoh

New Member
May 24, 2004
202
0
0
Jurong West
#10
ptwong said:
hmm...wanted to emphasize on things that he have to go through so i thought both wasabi and bittergoud were related in that aspect.
QUOTE]

good... maybe you want to consider showing such relationships in a series of photos (rather than all-in-one). Also, think about capturing "how" he went thru the obstacles (e.g. the emotion, the looks, etc.), rather than just capturing "what" obstacles he went thru.

anyway, to be fair, I guess we have to look at the collection/serie of photos taken. My previous comments were based on just this one photo. Sometime the story is clearer and more captivating when seen as a collection.
 

rainman

Senior Member
Apr 4, 2004
1,314
0
36
40
In my own world
#11
tell u wat...the thing that gives me shiver is the white ger standing before..
gives me an uneasy feel when looking at it...ghostly i guess :p
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
42
Yishun
#12
tkkoh good... maybe you want to consider showing such relationships in a series of photos (rather than all-in-one). Also said:
I think you're right about a collection being clearer...i really like this pic(perhaps because i was there? :think: ) to me it evokes some emotions? seeing my buddy getting married finally after a long difficult courtship, something like Ku Jing Kan Lai like that lor.

Thanks again for the valuable input.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom