Things have changed...

juzluvpink75

Dec 8, 2013
Singapore
Previously I asked about "best" lens setup for my GX7.

Since then I had sold away the 20mm f1.7 mk2 & Pam 45-150mm.

Now the eqpmt I have:
- Panasonic GX7
- Panasonic 14mm f2.5
- Olympus 45mm f1.8
- Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-f5.6

Question: should I get a 25mm?

Seeing that you have a 14-140 f3.5-5.6, the question you should be asking is, are you going for aperture and/or IQ when getting the 25mm?

Yes, aperture is impt to me. AF speed too. Of course size matters as much as well.

14-140mm is great but it is not my default lens.

If you needed to ask you probably don't need.

Not sure if I need it. But I do want it.

Lol.

If you want it. Then get it. Simple as that.

From what I know, I have the 25mm lens, it is a great lens, really good... AF is okay on my EM5 (fast enough) and I really can't fault it... although I don't really use it much nowadays because it was not the focal length that I normally go for.

If you needed to ask you probably don't need.

This!
:D

*Sorry, I can't offer answer for you. Whether you need to buy or not, only you can answer that. Be careful with the desire-to-acquire :D...

Previously I asked about "best" lens setup for my GX7.

Since then I had sold away the 20mm f1.7 mk2 & Pam 45-150mm.

Now the eqpmt I have:
- Panasonic GX7
- Panasonic 14mm f2.5
- Olympus 45mm f1.8
- Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-f5.6

Question: should I get a 25mm?

What kind of photography do you do?

Yes. Buy the 25mm.

I will definitely get a 25mm for my type of photography but that's just me. Depends on what you shoot.

What's the reason u sold the 20? Think about it before u decide to get the 25.

I shoot mostly my kids. Sometimes food. Landscapes.

Before changing to MFT I used the Nikkor 35mm almost exclusively. After changing to MFT the 20mm MK1 for almost a year b4 selling it. Nothing major to complain abt the lens except for the noise & accruacy.

Same for the 20mm mk2. Its sharp but noisy. IQ seemed better than the mk1 but still needed a fraction more time than the other lens I have.

BBB MTL.

You want to buy just go ahead, buy and enjoy :)

Photography should be enjoyable. Some enjoy working the craft, some enjoy teaching it, some enjoy talking about it, some enjoy buying, some enjoy trading, some even enjoy repairing (like our esteemed Bro Fatigue).

Reading thru , short answer : Buy.

That lens is a quality lens which is hard to go wrong with anyway. At f1.4 it basically outperforms your others lenses at the moment too.

Lastly , with the new Oly 25/1.8 , prices of the Pana 25/1.4 have fallen to really decent levels now.

Reading thru , short answer : Buy.

That lens is a quality lens which is hard to go wrong with anyway. At f1.4 it basically outperforms your others lenses at the moment too.

Lastly , with the new Oly 25/1.8 , prices of the Pana 25/1.4 have fallen to really decent levels now.

I am actually considering the Oly 25/1.8 rather than Pana 25/1.4 due to price & size.

Have you ask yourself, why you wanted to get 25mm? What is it used for?

Unless you are cash strapped, then feel free to buy. No harm buying and then sell it. You don't lose anyway :)