things happening in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
has anyone else noticed this trend, when something unusual happens in Singapore, it tends to be repeated several times?

For example, the recent spate of ppl falling onto MRT tracks, and prior to that, a couple of industrial accidents in a row. Sometime back, there was a chain of maids falling out of windows.... and speaking of windows, dont you all remember windows falling down every few days?

Any possible explanations? haha, or do these things happen all the time, but after a while, they just dont get reported? :think:

When u sneeze or cough, usually the people around u will start sneezing & coughing also.. :)

Kit said:
Murphy's Law.....

BTW, have you seen what some people will do to clean the windows? I'd be very surprised if no one fall over.

most scary one i've seen is a maid placing a stool across the window ledge, and sitting on it to clean the window.. ie: two legs outside the house, and two inside. Shudders.....

reactan said:
most scary one i've seen is a maid placing a stool across the window ledge, and sitting on it to clean the window.. ie: two legs outside the house, and two inside. Shudders.....
TWO legs out and TWO legs in? :bsmilie:

Regards
CK

actually when something happens, ppl put alot of emphasis on the subject and will link events together... like for eg, no pun intended, when few years ago, nobody actually notice how many malay ladies wear the scarf, but when the 9-11 happen, everyone seem to start noticing there is increasing ppl wearing scarf... actually its still the same amount but when you start to notice things that you never try to even bother previously, most might think that the events are occuring simultaneously.

like taking bokeh... u dun notice the sides cos you are indulged in the object you are focusing... den when you refocus on the other subject den u find that y is that thing suddenly there, when its actually there all this while...

reactan said:

FOUR legs?!!! Maybe can use her to win a medal at the sprints in Beijing come 2008? :bsmilie:

I'm quite sure if it's covered by the media, it would seem like it happens more often. Agenda setting. haha...

anyway... weather the reporting of the incidents causes more incidents, that is has been the debate for ages...

hemm... recently alot of people selling stuff cheap! hint hint..

reactan said:

my goodness... see-saw on a stool, balanced upon a window ledge? :bigeyes:

Lol..two more cases on the people felt into the railway.. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

acroamatic said:
Barriers?

We need to know why more people have taken to suicide lately. That's the REAL problem.

agree.

caging everyone up is not going to solve anything.

reactan said:
has anyone else noticed this trend, when something unusual happens in Singapore, it tends to be repeated several times?

For example, the recent spate of ppl falling onto MRT tracks, and prior to that, a couple of industrial accidents in a row. Sometime back, there was a chain of maids falling out of windows.... and speaking of windows, dont you all remember windows falling down every few days?

Any possible explanations? haha, or do these things happen all the time, but after a while, they just dont get reported? :think:

Well... alot of Singaporeans like to follow the latest trend.
Never seem to have minds of their own. dunno why. :think:

When pple start collecting Hello Kitties, everyone follows.
Now you hardly hear abt them.

Sigh... when will they ever learn?
Someone should tell them this time that jumping down onto MRT lines is out now... not the IN thing. dun follow!!! :nono:

reactan said:
its sad that the redhill victim died....hopefully the barriers will do some good. :dunno:

We don't really know if they actually committed suicide or not. Even if they did, there are many ways to do it, you think some barriers will help. They will just go somewhere else to end it all.

Now that SMRT has decided to build the barriers, just wait for the next round of fare increases. PTC sure to nod their heads when SMRT asks for approval...

Status
Not open for further replies.