There's sound in my 17mm len?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Im using Tokina 17mm prime len. Yesterday I wanted to use this len to shoot for one assignment, it failed on me! I can't focus anything at all! I pointed to the bright area and tried focusing and it can't move at all!

I check my len for the AF/MF, cam setting, everything is ok! Because before that, I am using another len so, it shouldn't give me any problem! I re mount my len and still the same. Whenmy gf took the len and helpin me to keep in the bag, she heard sound! There's a sound in the len like something is loose! Sounding those small crack small sounding. I took and twist around, the sound is quite audible from the ppl who is 3 foot away!

At night, I took the len and re try the focusing. It works! I did nothing at all! The len suddenly able to focus. But sound is still heard!

Anyone know where is the service centre for Tokina len and the reason what happen to my len? :confused:

Im using Tokina 17mm prime len. Yesterday I wanted to use this len to shoot for one assignment, it failed on me! I can't focus anything at all! I pointed to the bright area and tried focusing and it can't move at all!

I check my len for the AF/MF, cam setting, everything is ok! Because before that, I am using another len so, it shouldn't give me any problem! I re mount my len and still the same. Whenmy gf took the len and helpin me to keep in the bag, she heard sound! There's a sound in the len like something is loose! Sounding those small crack small sounding. I took and twist around, the sound is quite audible from the ppl who is 3 foot away!

At night, I took the len and re try the focusing. It works! I did nothing at all! The len suddenly able to focus. But sound is still heard!

Anyone know where is the service centre for Tokina len and the reason what happen to my len? :confused:

Sorry ah, but OT a bit first ahh, but when you spell L E N S as L E N, especially in SG where so many people speak Hokkien, you may find it quite funny when you re-read your post.

Now, about your question...If I remember correctly, Cathyphoto is the agent for Tokina, so you should be able to take your lens down to Peninsular Plaza for them to send it in for servicing. Otherwise, you can try:

315, Outram Road, #05-06, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074
Tel: +65 6225 3788 (6 lines)
Fax: +65 6225 5990

(This used to be their office, don't know if they're still there)

_

Ok understood. Thanks pal! English bad leh... sorry ah.. hehehe....leh len lol

Sent in to CP servicing already. Awaiting for them to call me and collect it. Luckily warranty left 3more mths. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.