There's a murderer in us all.

There is a Killer in all of us

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
When I say 'murderer', I mean literally.

Ie, a dark side to all of us. A beast waiting to be unleashed. Anyone agrees?

Agrees. In psychology, I believed there is a field of study of which concludes that human are not controlled mentally entirely, and from that point of view, at times, one is at risk to become out of control. When ones mental health is concerned, the feelings of repression and stress will unleash and advocate what you deemed right and necessary, of which, we often associate with violence. And of course, many are starting to believe in reaction due to the over-restriction of oneself and the changes of the surrounding.

Read this a couple of years ago, not really sure if its quite exact to the published.

I agree. As a sperm...along with hundred millions or billions of brothers/sisters reaching/trying out for the only 'homerun'.

And I was the only one who succeeded. :sticktong

Unless I was 'pushed' into this miserable world....lol :sweat:

Slivester said:
Agrees. In psychology, I believed there is a field of study of which concludes that human are not controlled mentally entirely, and from that point of view, at times, one is at risk to become out of control. When ones mental health is concerned, the feelings of repression and stress will unleash and advocate what you deemed right and necessary, of which, we often associate with violence. And of course, many are starting to believe in reaction due to the over-restriction of oneself and the changes of the surrounding.

Read this a couple of years ago, not really sure if its quite exact to the published.
Hmm... This I have to agree with ur point.

Murderers, serial killers, rapists and most criminals are your normal everyday people until something happened in their lives that caused them to 'snap' to exact vengeance on every single being (or women).

I'm sure everyone, in one point of your time or another, had touched this 'dark side' and you turned into a monster entirely (I'm not toking abt one of those unsolved murders out there that might be committed by one of u guys) for a short brief period.

Now imagine if this monster is unleashed with every single fury u had. Imagine... :eek:

reno77 said:
Yes, my dream job would be an assasin...but some days I want to be a monk.
To be honest, my dreams precisely....

Occasionally, the thrills of watching war movies like Private Ryan where u see arms 'blown off', heads 'bursting like watermelons'. Or even when u go reservist, holds a powerful weapon and sees the target being blown into a million pieces, or holds a rifle armed with blanks and u start firing at the 'enemy' and he 'dies'. This bloodlust comes to us at that rush.

Occasionally, u yearn for the quiet and relaxed lifestyle. Of daily prayers, the humility of begging of alms, of sweeping the floor.

Yes. Things like dis flashes past us so fast that we occasionally wun know what happens. :)

jsbn said:

Hey man,
I agree with your statement. :thumbsup:

Everytime some individual crosses paths with mine, and I mean serious, nasty crossings, I have the urge to slice that person into half with a samurai sword, just like the way they do it in Kill Bill.

Perhaps that's the reason why our brain has 2 sides - left and right.

I dunno man, just guessing. :dunno:

Regards,
-Mich-

mosquitos and cockroaches. DIE DIE DIE!

That's ur clean way. :D

My Dark Side's pretty twisted that if it should come out roaring and run out uncontrolled, u will see me in a High Court case presided personally by the CJ with hotshot lawyers with a maximum punishment of Capital Sentence. :)

Yup. I've been in contact with my Dark Side for a couple of days. Time to cage it up again before it runs amok like it nearly did several years ago. :)

Interesting results so far.

One guy believes what he is... ie, no wild beast in him.

Open forum, open minds. It will be nice to hear from the other more optimistic camp rather den turn this thread very dark. :)

Religious POV? Personal POV? Personal firm belief?

Without turning this into a flame thread (although this topic leaves very little room for flames), lets hear frm all ppl. :)

i want to be an assasin disguised as a monk! :eek:

just kidding. ;p

I am a murderer. I have killed countless cockroaches, ants and lizards

and i feel no remorse

For me, I believe everything has its good and bad.. depends on what kind of perception you are in..

Different ppl believe in different things and I personally feel that no one has the right to judge anyone cos there is no perfect right or wrong in anything..

It is frightening to know yourself. However the greedy devil, deceiver and pretender can be controlled through your mind. Here are some
sparkling reminders:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."

- Abraham H. Maslow

STOP AND CAREFULLY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!
Set an intention to be more aware of who you are.
Become a watcher, of yourself and what is around you.
Develop the witness, the part of you that can step back
from life and impartially observe how you react and think and feel.
We learn so much about who we are! We don't want to follow
what the other fellow human is behaving.

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing the self is enlightenment."

- Tao Te Ching

"The true profession of man is to find his way to himself."

- Hermann Hesse

Just a food for thought...

Has anyone ever wondered that the 'Satan' which is generally stereotyped by so many people with a cloved hoof, red tail and 2 horns that tempts us into evil and being mentioned by Christians as God's Rebel, being casted out into a lake of fire is really the 'other side' of us?

The voice which calls to us from within... Hmm...

In most situation man just cannot find peace within himself and so
shall he fight the war within till the end of time.
These wisdom comes not to those who refuse to seek them:

"Only when a man invites insult will others insult him. Only when a
family invites destruction will others destroy it. Only when a
state invites invasion will others invade it. The T'ai Chia says,

When Heaven sends down calamities,
There is hope of weathering them;
When man brings them upon himself,
There is no hope of escape.

Mencius said, "How can one get a cruel man to listen to reason? He
dwells happily in danger, looks upon disaster as profitable and
delights in what will lead him to perdition. If the cruel man
listened to reason, there would be no annihilated states or ruined
families....

For some reasons, all living creatures are designed/created to live with a weird ability, self-reliance. And when such is concerned, that includes protection against potential harm, of which might at times involve violence.

If we are not murderer at birth, why do some people get that excited during history lessons about WWII, while could doze away when talking about the bloodless singing revolution in Eastern Europe during the late 80s.

Humans, likewise, are designed to kill, afterall, that is about the only way one could rely on to survive.

Lets not associate killing/murdering with taking a life away from a human being, but taking a life away
from a living creature as well. How many times have you stumbled upon the bloody route for the sake of your survival/pleasure?

Killing a cockroach because it scares you do not necessary mean you did not end its life.

Eradicating criminals via corporal punishment is the essence of my point, we are built to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.