theres a fungi in my camera HELP!

c00lb0y2010

May 24, 2011
hi pls help me i got a D60 nikon and 2-3 months never use and now theres a fungi in the screen thats make the picture blurred how to remove it pls help me thanks for all advance reply

hi pls help me i got a D60 nikon and 2-3 months never use and now theres a fungi in the screen thats make the picture blurred how to remove it pls help me thanks for all advance reply

NSC? o.o u nv keep ur cam inside a drybox? or dry cabinet?

i think its in the sensor and lcd screen .... cause when i start to shoot u can see inside the fungi... some small web and when u upload the picture in the computer its blurred...i try to clean it many times but its still there pls help :(

i think its in the sensor and lcd screen .... cause when i start to shoot u can see inside the fungi... some small web and when u upload the picture in the computer its blurred...i try to clean it many times but its still there pls help :(
You can't clean it on your own, you need the skills, and the tools, else you will risk damaging your camera.

you can bring it to Nikon Service Center, but we don't know the actual cost as we don't know how severe is the fungus infested. They won't able to tell you unless they able to examine the camera.

so just bring your camera to Nikon Service Center to ask for a quote, and buy dry cabinet at the same time.

fungus on which screen? Only on your camera LCD screen?

trying to understand your description :dunno:
but anyway it sounds serious enough to warrant some action soon.
Your options include (but not limited to) Nikon Service Centre and CSer 'fatigue'.
Cleaning the sensor on your own is a risky job. Best leave it to someone trained for the job... :)

i ask just now the nikon service and told me it will be $100 is it ok??

i ask just now the nikon service and told me it will be $100 is it ok??

Jobs like this have a specific complexity/difficulty, so it's hard to benchmark the price.
Most important is whether you think spending $100 is justifiable to have your camera returned to 'fungus-free' state :)

lcheowl said:
maybe it is a good excuse to upgrade. keke

Do u think some 1 will buy if the cam have fungi

Time to see doctor @ NSC.

If you indeed wanted to sell off this cam, please make sure that you state that in your ad that your cam was infested by fungus so as to give potential buyer a head up (partly to protect your own ass too). Plus I believe some people might want one (if cheap enough) so they can convert it to IR.

Yah pls don be like that seller listed in the Consumer thread...haha..

Erm pls let ppl know there is fungus and cleaning requires ard $100...
time to pick a dry cabinet oso :)

upgrade = buy a new camera.

As this fungus infected camera, maybe if you have time, convert it to IR cam. :)

in fact, as long as you sell it dirt cheap and tell people will cost at least $100 to clean up the fungus, who knows, you maybe able to find a buyer.

fatigue said:
Yes, I have a few friends looking for camera to be converted to infrared. The filter will be replaced so it really doesn't matter

Of course, it has to be a bit lower than the good D60 :)

Ok maybe u can ask ur friend how much he will buy d60 thanks

pikapig said:
Yah pls don be like that seller listed in the Consumer thread...haha..

Erm pls let ppl know there is fungus and cleaning requires ard $100...
time to pick a dry cabinet oso :)

Thanks bro I'll try to post now  and buy dry cabinet hehehe thanks for the advice to the newbie ;)