There goes Mt Everest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept track of the everest program on cable tv (was it nat geo or discovery?). Only the fittest of the fittest would even dare to attempt climbing the rock. And often, the seemingly stronger-looking climbers may not even make it to the summit. My utmost respect to the fella who made it up there with a pair of artificial legs.

I kept track of the everest program on cable tv (was it nat geo or discovery?). Only the fittest of the fittest would even dare to attempt climbing the rock. And often, the seemingly stronger-looking climbers may not even make it to the summit. My utmost respect to the fella who made it up there with a pair of artificial legs.

Ditto that, his name is Mark Ingels.

Was the Chinese team already practising for the Everest Summit torch relay? Coz there was a large group of Chinese climbers who were becoming a human traffic jam almost nearly thwarting the summit attempt of Russel Brice's team around the second step. The Chinese team as taking nearly forever to climb the second step ladder made by sherpas from Russell's team. I hope they've worked out the kinks, we wouldn't want to see a high altitude rescue of the "torch bearer being bourne down due to cerebral swelling".

Anyways, a highway isn't going to make much of a difference. If the Big E decides she doesn't want visitors that day, weather can turn nasty without warning.

Why am I the only one happy that they are making the highway?

It may make that place more accessible, no need to trek :)

I love NZ with all the highways and road to different scenic areas.

the trek is what makes that place all the more scenic. with the new highway, how many of people are going to go trample all over that spot. not to mention the rubbish.

the trek is what makes that place all the more scenic. with the new highway, how many of people are going to go trample all over that spot. not to mention the rubbish.
Read: Fuji san. ;)

ya but before highway, only like 1k people can see Everest. After highway, Everest is accessible to 100k people :)

For those 1k people, of course they get irritated lah cuz someone take away that special place.... and the scenary will definately go downhill for those 1k people.

But for the 99k others, a "dirtier" Everest is better than no Everest at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.