Theme Shoot: "Fun with Light"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
Hi All,

I'm thinking of organizing an outdoor theme shoot to have some fun together with the fellow members here. As the theme title suggests, the key words are "fun" and "light", so we'll try to do some creative photography with light in the dark. Here is what we going to do:

All participants are asked to bring along the following:
1. Camera and tripod.
2. One or more light source(s) - this can be anything that emits light, e.g. flashlight, sparkles, candle(s), laser pointer, lighter, or even watches or phones that emit light. Use your imagination and bring something unusual.
3. A prop (optional but highly recommended) - e.g. small teddy bear, a statue, crystal, colored glass, roses, spectacles (best is reading glasses), or anything you like (again, be imaginative).
4. An external flash that can do strobing (optional).

Date & Time: 29/5/04 (Sat) 7pm-9pm
Meeting place: TBD (tentatively Peninsula Plaza)

We'll need to find a place downtown that is big enough for us while dark enough to do the tricks. Any suggestions?

Sound interesting and like to join us? Please put down your nick and the light source you are bringing in the following list:

:)

Nobody interested? Date changed to Sat.

icer said:
Ziploc, I am interested but weekday might be difficult for me. I should be very busy with work next week so might need to OT.......

And also dun want to go around shooting in my office attire.......a bit weird.
;p

Erm... changed to Sat liao, no more weekdays.

Here we go with the namelist... :)

1. Vamp (will suggest venue when I think of a good one)

Here we go with the namelist...

2. EOS500N

Here we go with the namelist...

2. EOS500N
3. Sigrd

2. EOS500N
3. Sigrd
4. denis

2. EOS500N
3. Sigrd
4. denis
5. korffr

Hi,

Welcome to all who are coming to this outing. Can you guys/gals please specify what light source that you'll be bringing? This will help to reduce duplication and help in the planning of what we'll be doing. Thanks! :)

This is what I'm going to bring:

1. My camera, tripod (can share with you if you do not have one).
2. Flash: Nikon SB80DX speedlight (can share with you if you're using Nikon camera).
3. Light source: traditional torch light, white led torch light, a trekking watch, my PPC. Will try to bring some colored translucent papers (don't know what they are called, but they are those type that used in mid-autumn festival lanterns).
4. Prop: non at this moment (would like to bring a teddy bear but I do not have one at this moment).

Also, hope more people can join in the fun. Newbies are welcome too. :)

ziploc said:
We'll be doing something similar to the following (what can be done will depend on the light source and prop you brought):

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=75671
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=75697
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=75823
sounds interesting sia, i wanna try the last stunt ;p

confirm with u later in the week. can lend me your flash?

Hmm... ok. But I kind of worried about doing the fire in public places.

What camera are you using? If it's a Nikon then sure, can share my flash with you during the outing.

maybe can see if a touchlight could create something almost similar, but of course not that fire effect

i'm using d70, can use your sb80, just no ittl only. your sb80 uses which batteries?

4x AA. I'll be bringing rechargable Sanyo NiMH batteries so no worries. Will probably bring along my old SB25 also. :)

2. EOS500N
3. Sigrd
4. denis
5. korffr
6. Yezrah
7. vibrancyniche (anyone with spare torchlight?)

Hi vibrancyniche,

Don't worry can share my torch light with you. But you are not limited to torch light, you can also bring along other light sources too. (e.g. an alarm clock with night light). :)

ok~we share share
haha~ me dun own an alarm though.........
Hmm... maybe hp can b brought into the picture 2.

ziploc said:
Hi,

Welcome to all who are coming to this outing. Can you guys/gals please specify what light source that you'll be bringing? This will help to reduce duplication and help in the planning of what we'll be doing. Thanks! :)

:)

I'll be bringing a small mini maglite, a big yellow diving torch, and some green lightsticks.

Have we already decided where to meet up ?

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.