[Theme] Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.

qING

Jan 3, 2006
I am trying to shoot something related to a theme each week. The first theme of 2008 is "Purple".

I shot the following photo because leaves are usually green. I think it is rare to see purple leaves. :)

Anyway, I hope to get comments on
i) how the photo is in respecitve to the theme. Do you think it shows the theme "Purple"?
ii) composition
iii) post-processing. I did a vignette (black shades on the edges) over it so as to focus on the purple leaf. Is it appropriate?

Thank you.

Purple Leaves

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore, western area
www.pichour.com
hey i think its great..

what i feel is that the coloured leaf does stands out and through the gradual fading of colour it leads the eye round the centred leaf. I think its pretty abstract yet make a good picture to hang on the walls of ur home!:thumbsup:

while all other leaves are facing left, its facing right, double attention on the leaf achieved!

qING

Jan 3, 2006
hey i think its great..

what i feel is that the coloured leaf does stands out and through the gradual fading of colour it leads the eye round the centred leaf. I think its pretty abstract yet make a good picture to hang on the walls of ur home!:thumbsup:

while all other leaves are facing left, its facing right, double attention on the leaf achieved!
Seriously, I did not realise the direction of the leaves :bsmilie:

Haha. Anyway, Sprintist, thanks for your compliment :)

kuantoh

Feb 7, 2007
Pasir Ris / Tampines
I think the leave does stand out and the picture overall does have a purple feel to it.

U might wan to drop a deeper shadow (but not too harsh) to create a better vignetting effect to make the leave stand out even more...

Just my personal opinion.

Jan 3, 2006
I think the leave does stand out and the picture overall does have a purple feel to it.

U might wan to drop a deeper shadow (but not too harsh) to create a better vignetting effect to make the leave stand out even more...

Just my personal opinion.
Oh ok :) Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom