[Theme] Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

qING

Jan 3, 2006
Instead of walking around and just shoot, I gave myself a theme, Circle last year. This is my first time taking photos based on a theme. I hope to do that weekly for the year of 2008. Anyway, here are some photos. I will strive to do better the next time. :)

I would want feedback if the photos match the theme (since this is the 1st time that I am doing). This will help me to know if I am on the right track. Thanks.

1. Bicycles
2157203176_68e6d86f03_o.jpg

2. Broken Glass
2156401571_8c1ca444e0_o.jpg

3. Cigarette Butt Holder
2157195590_e67029b8ff_o.jpg

4. Or
2156397629_091691cfcf_o.jpg

Hi qING~ Its good to go shoot with a theme~ Am thinking of doing it too~ But somehow sometimes no idea for a particular themes leh~
Anyway, i like the first shot~ Especially the shadows and tone of the mud on the lower portion of the 2 bicycle wheels~ And since your theme is "Circle", maybe for the 2nd and 3rd shot, you should focus on the circular shape. For #2, the reflection is in focus instead of the circular shape. For #3, seems OOF. My view la~ :)
Shoot more to share!

Instead of walking around and just shoot, I gave myself a theme, Circle last year. This is my first time taking photos based on a theme. I hope to do that weekly for the year of 2008. Anyway, here are some photos. I will strive to do better the next time. :)

I would want feedback if the photos match the theme (since this is the 1st time that I am doing). This will help me to know if I am on the right track. Thanks.

1. Bicycles

2. Broken Glass

3. Cigarette Butt Holder

4. Or

Wah..shoot urself ah? Never jio?

Very interesting concept way of shooting..:thumbsup:

Hi qING~ Its good to go shoot with a theme~ Am thinking of doing it too~ But somehow sometimes no idea for a particular themes leh~
Anyway, i like the first shot~ Especially the shadows and tone of the mud on the lower portion of the 2 bicycle wheels~ And since your theme is "Circle", maybe for the 2nd and 3rd shot, you should focus on the circular shape. For #2, the reflection is in focus instead of the circular shape. For #3, seems OOF. My view la~ :)
Shoot more to share!

Haha. I personally like #1 too. I switched to Manual mode to give it a "dark" look.

#2... A bit hard to focus on the circle. PnS camera. Haha. Possible but I think it is difficult. The manual focus thing gave me a lot of frustration. Anyone can help :think:? I am using Canon Powershot A570 IS.

Ya. #3 is OOF. I thought no one would see it. I would take note of it next time :sweat:.

Themes can be found in the internet. Alternatively, we can give each other themes. We can also post a theme weekly or monthly in CS for pple to shoot? Do you think if it is a great idea? Haha.

pretty interesting series!
keep it up!

Thanks Redsun.

blazer_workz said:
Wah..shoot urself ah? Never jio?

Very interesting concept way of shooting.. :thumbsup:

Haha. I shot this on last Sun around my lunch area. It was not a place that I specially went to. Anyway, thanks for your compliment!

I quite like 3 though its OOF. The OOF gives it a feel of moodiness and despair. I think this series is well done :thumbsup:

So wats the next theme? Maybe u can share with us a theme every week and we can have a thread for our weekly series to share together :think:

Yoh bro, nice shot you got there....

- style,
- mood,
- simple and straight to the point. :thumbsup:

next time you go for shoot, jio me OK :)

Yoh bro, nice shot you got there....

- style,
- mood,
- simple and straight to the point. :thumbsup:

next time you go for shoot, jio me OK :)

Thanks for your compliment.

OK. One of these days :) Sometimes, I just shoot along the way to somewhere.
Let me settle down with my attachment first. I am starting work this Mon ;p

Hope it dun rain too much... Otherwise, it will be hard to shoot.

See you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.