Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
Platform Facebook Page

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 · 8:00pm - 10:30pm
National Museum of Singapore
Stamford Road

"you took thousands of pictures in 2010, but which 3 do you like most? show them at PLATFORM 11.1"

A LITTLE ABOUT PLATFORM (cut and paste from their FB page)

PLATFORM is a gathering of Singapore-based photographers, who use stills, video or multimedia, to tell stories.

But beyond just Telling, we want to Show you our Stories.

Our primary interest is in serious social documentary.

PLATFORM is set up with two goals:

- to foster social documentary visual storytelling in Singapore through the photography medium

- to bring these stories, that touch on issues concerning our community, to a greater Singaporean audience

PLATFORM's 'founding' members include Tay Kay Chin, Ernest Goh, Nicholas Chee, Alex Teh, Lim Wei Yang, Samuel He, Sam Kang Li, Desmond Lim & Darren Soh.

We are always on the look-out for like-minded people to join us in making this more than just a social gathering.

Note From the Organizers:

To welcome the new year, we are putting together a big slide-show, which will be aired through the night, on huge screen, at the Jan 4 session at National Museum Singapore.

One half of the segment will come from professional media photographers, and that part of the show is being put together by Straits Times picture editor Mike Sargent, and AP staff photographer Wong Maye-e.

The other portion will come from YOU & I. Yes, us.

It is very simple: think of 3 images that you make in the year 2010, and email it to us at platformsg_cc4s@sendtodropbox.com

There are just a few technical specs we would need you to follow :

- We prefer pictures in the documentary, photojournalistic, street and personal genres. But hey, these days, with all lines blurred, things are not so black and white. So just send your favorite three.

- resize your image to 1200 pixels on the
long side and save them as JPG files with
medium compression

- naming convention for files is as follow:
firstname_lastname_001.jpg
eg, john_doe_001.jpg or kokbeng_lim_001.jpg

- be professional and fill in your IPTC

- email them to
platformsg_cc4s@sendtodropbox.com

- we reserve the right to ignore any photos
deem offensive or inappropriate

- deadline for submission is 1st Jan, 2011 12pm.

- queries -> platformsg@gmail.com

- the images submitted , selected and shown that evening will be projected on screen for that evening only and accorded respect. Image ownership rights reside with you (AFTER the event.... these images might sit in PLATFORM's Tumblr gallery for public viewing for those who are overseas and/or could not make the 4 Jan event ..... (see below link for a rough idea) ....if you are not comfortable with this, please do not submit.) Platform's Tumblr link

Last edited:
er... just a question, what is IPTC?

Its optional and not compulsory

What is IPTC information ?

"Originally designed to allow press photographers to provide information concerning images they sent back to the home office, IPTC fields can be used to store supplemental information about an image.

IPTC information differs from EXIF information in that EXIF information is generated by the digital camera and contains information about various camera settings. IPTC fields can be used to “annotate” images with a great deal of information. "

last point on image ownership rights amended ...

- the images submitted , selected and shown that evening will be projected on screen for that evening only and accorded respect. Image ownership rights reside with you (AFTER the event.... these images might sit in PLATFORM's Tumblr gallery for public viewing for those who are overseas and/or could not make the 4 Jan event ..... Platform's Tumblr link .... if you are not comfortable with this, please do not submit.)

Last edited:
I am very interested in sharing some images, but it will only be strictly non-interactive as in we are not required to present and whatnots right?
Just checking.

Edit : The facebook link is not working.
Wow, it's inspiring to see some fellow NTU's ADMers part of your team :D

Last edited:
ok facebook link working now

Platform Facebook page

I hear that there might be some Q and A but yes... you are not required to go up to do a show-and-tell of how/why you picked these images

p/s ha ha this is not my team ...... just helping out a couple of the organizers spread the word.

Last edited:
okkies i sbumitted, but i might not make it cause its a sch day...

Is the public submission restricted to pictures taken locally? I think there is some error in the submission date. :thumbsup:

Platform Facebook Page

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 · 8:00pm - 10:30pm
Stamford Road

"you took thousands of pictures in 2010, but which 3 do you like most? show them at PLATFORM 11.1"

A LITTLE ABOUT PLATFORM (cut and paste from their FB page)

PLATFORM is a gathering of Singapore-based photographers, who use stills, video or multimedia, to tell stories.

But beyond just Telling, we want to Show you our Stories.

Our primary interest is in serious social documentary.

PLATFORM is set up with two goals:

- to foster social documentary visual storytelling in Singapore through the photography medium

- to bring these stories, that touch on issues concerning our community, to a greater Singaporean audience

PLATFORM's 'founding' members include Tay Kay Chin, Ernest Goh, Nicholas Chee, Alex Teh, Lim Wei Yang, Samuel He, Sam Kang Li, Desmond Lim & Darren Soh.

We are always on the look-out for like-minded people to join us in making this more than just a social gathering.

Note From the Organizers:

To welcome the new year, we are putting together a big slide-show, which will be aired through the night, on huge screen, at the Jan 4 session at National Museum Singapore.

One half of the segment will come from professional media photographers, and that part of the show is being put together by Straits Times picture editor Mike Sargent, and AP staff photographer Wong Maye-e.

The other portion will come from YOU & I. Yes, us.

It is very simple: think of 3 images that you make in the year 2010, and email it to us at platformsg_cc4s@sendtodropbox.com

There are just a few technical specs we would need you to follow :

- We prefer pictures in the documentary, photojournalistic, street and personal genres. But hey, these days, with all lines blurred, things are not so black and white. So just send your favorite three.

- resize your image to 1200 pixels on the
long side and save them as JPG files with
medium compression

- naming convention for files is as follow:
firstname_lastname_001.jpg
eg, john_doe_001.jpg or kokbeng_lim_001.jpg

- be professional and fill in your IPTC

- email them to
platformsg_cc4s@sendtodropbox.com

- we reserve the right to ignore any photos
deem offensive or inappropriate

- deadline for submission is 1st Jan, 2011 12pm.

- queries -> platformsg@gmail.com

- the images submitted , selected and shown that evening will be projected on screen for that evening only and accorded respect. Image ownership rights reside with you (AFTER the event.... these images might sit in PLATFORM's Tumblr gallery for public viewing for those who are overseas and/or could not make the 4 Jan event ..... (see below link for a rough idea) ....if you are not comfortable with this, please do not submit.) Platform's Tumblr link

Last edited:
ha ha you are right ..... that should be 1 Jan 2011 :bsmilie: ..... amended

i dont think they are restricted to images shot in Sg

Last edited:
the IPTC info need not be too detailed right?

the IPTC info need not be too detailed right?

a couple of lines of your thoughts about the image i believe is sufficient........ together with some contact info just in case they need to locate u

Interesting :)

even if you're not contributing images, DO drop by for the viewing ........... I understand AP Press photographer Wong May E and others from ST are contributing significant works too that evening

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 ·
8:00pm - 10:30pm
Stamford Road

i'll love to go... i try my best. but might leave earlier or something lor

Status
Not open for further replies.