The worlds most powerfull predator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang Steiner

Deregistered
Aug 23, 2006
Hi folks,

after a long journey I am back with new images.

What do you think about this leopard at sunset?

6320930-lg.jpg

I took this picture at the Kruger National Park (Mala Mala Game Reserve) in June 2007.

Regards

Wolfgang Steiner

http://www.wolfgangsteiner.com

wah lao eh... i think he's not too happy with you taking his picture. ;p

It looks really sharp and the intensity of his stare is amazing. :bigeyes:

Tiny quibble :sweat: I would crop away that green blob at the bottom left of the corner. It doesn't look natural to me and it kinda distracts from the main subject.

Can you share what lens you were shooting with and under what sort of conditions?

Overall this is a great capture. No technical faults with it. I just find the one strand of grass sticking out beside the leopard face a little distracting.

I would've zoomed in more on the eyes though for a more interesting perspective.

powerful animal
for a
powerful picture.

:thumbsup:

I agree with hobbes' suggestions and onyl wish the sunlight caught the eyes instead of the forehead to focus on the intense gaze. I would have composed this with either the leapord in the center of the frame or in a portrait format as its gaze has the power to draw the viewer in without regard to the guideline of thirds :D

nice kitty, look quite serious :sweat:

woah.. i nearly shat in my pants from the gaze :sweat:

hmm.. maybe a slighter tighter crop..?

u have some great images on your site as well :)

Very sharp pic! And yah, crop a bit to remove the foreground distraction will make the kitty more outstanding.:)

fiery stare... reminds me to the old phrase... "If looks could kill...."

I like the shadow on its face :thumbsup:

Well, I do think this is just part and parcel of wild life photography, it's timing that count and don't have much time to composite probably to take a shot, and wild life animals don't do modelling as their job. Hehe...

It's an excellent shot to me, and it eyes is like saying "Don't you run away, I've my eyes on you as my dinner!" Haha... :bsmilie:

at frist glance, I'm drawn to the eyes. nice shot.

Great shot. Finding a leopard isn't easy, much less shooting one. :thumbsup:

Great shot. Finding a leopard isn't easy, much less shooting one. :thumbsup:

yea agree! i miss out on that one for the big five

yea agree! i miss out on that one for the big five

I only got 3 out of 5. Of the big five, is the leopard the most difficult to sight?

Great shot, intense gaze. These big cats are definitely proud and we surely look like an easy meal to them. BTW, a friend from SA told me his friend, during a safari, was eaten by an old leopard that could not hunt anymore. :sweat:

Very good catch there. The only sight of leopards i got at the park were their tails in the long grass.

Bar none! Awesome shot..!!!:cool:

Isn't the world's most powerful predator ourselves? Mankind? :bsmilie:

Anyway, that shots looks awesome, I like the intensity in the beast's eyes that you captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.