StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
reward05.jpg

reward08.jpg

reward06.jpg

Thailand?

hee hee.. anyway I think the 2nd pic is more "complete" compared to the 1st one... something about the shot makes it look more interesting and compelling than the initial :)

Koh Samui.

Agreed the second one is better. The missing guy completes the circle.

It was woefully underexposed (almost all black) and I was about to trash the negative. Thanks to PS and its dodging/burning tools, I managed to salvage it.

Hi ss,

i love this wild series alot but arent u afraid they might turn against you or something? ever asked permission from them?

You said ya pics were underexposed and u saved them by burning and dodging? Correct me if i'm wrong but i tot dodging will only 'lighten' the pic and will not save the highlights and details?

ordinaryless said:
Hi ss,

i love this wild series alot but arent u afraid they might turn against you or something? ever asked permission from them?

You said ya pics were underexposed and u saved them by burning and dodging? Correct me if i'm wrong but i tot dodging will only 'lighten' the pic and will not save the highlights and details?

Nah they were just tourists out for a good time, and it was pretty crowded, and I was "invisible". Heh. Anyway, they were attracting the attention of all the bar girls, as you can see in the first picture. In fact, a couple of bar girls chased after them as they rode off. So you can imagine they could care less about me.

Dodging the highlights is to bring out the bright areas, then you need to burn the shadows to bring back the dark areas. It's one of the best ways to selectively increase contrast in a picture. Yes, you do lose the details in the highlights and shadows, but the increased contrast allows you to make out the image better. Notice that the grain is definitely more, though.

SniperD said:
Thailand?

hee hee.. anyway I think the 2nd pic is more "complete" compared to the 1st one... something about the shot makes it look more interesting and compelling than the initial :)

the 2nd biker from the right completes and balances the pic. :thumbsup:

StreetShooter said:
Nah they were just tourists out for a good time, and it was pretty crowded, and I was "invisible". Heh. Anyway, they were attracting the attention of all the bar girls, as you can see in the first picture. In fact, a couple of bar girls chased after them as they rode off. So you can imagine they could care less about me.

Dodging the highlights is to bring out the bright areas, then you need to burn the shadows to bring back the dark areas. It's one of the best ways to selectively increase contrast in a picture. Yes, you do lose the details in the highlights and shadows, but the increased contrast allows you to make out the image better. Notice that the grain is definitely more, though.

thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.