The Wedding Game - movie review

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Spoiler Alert

A couple about to get married this year capitalising on it and making it into a movie?
Some of my friends were keen to see this, although I almost wanted to sneak out and walk next door to see Ip Man, I was glad I did not. In real life the couple will get married later this year, but they play a reel life couple who are actually at loggerheads and soonly come to terms with each other, their dishonesty and greed.

The unpleasant aspect was actually the large and frequent number of blatant product placements, endorsements, which no doubt helped to keep production costs low, but it was rather annoying. And the CGI, well CMI. Otherwise perhaps using a couple who are really in love with each other was not a bad idea as there was genuine chemistry and they, as well as the rest of the cast were very comfortable with each other and this made for a rather funny, and enjoyable show despite a rather simple tried and test plot.

Christopher Lee is the Malaysian, but Fann plays the kampong girl in this show, and Melake features in this show again, with scenes that were very well taken. In fact some of the cinematography was quite breathtaking, with many good shots.

Anyone can tell me where did they film the scene where there are calligraphy words on the floor?

For a romance, GV Max in Vivo city offered some decent subwoofers and there were some scenes with good bass, otherwise the surround envelop was only alright. This movie could have been enjoyed on a DVD too.

Fann still looks quite good at 38, especially in long shots and with some makeup. Actually Chris Lee looks older although he is only 37. Too many late nights, previously chasing young girls?

So is this a keeper? Well if the price is right, and you like local type rom-coms, why not, think of it as a wedding present to the couple.

Worth a watch at least.

fann1.jpg

yes this movie not bad i watched it on mon, day 1 of new year :) it is worth watching i enjoy it myself and may go and watch it again. The calligraphy words on the floor is really unquie and some scenes are beautiful too. But i think chris looks good on this show and in good shape and condition. In fact he looks better and handsome which i find. Go watch it is quite a comedy and romantic for couples. :heart:

yes this movie not bad i watched it on mon, day 1 of new year :) it is worth watching i enjoy it myself and may go and watch it again. The calligraphy words on the floor is really unquie and some scenes are beautiful too. But i think chris looks good on this show and in good shape and condition. In fact he looks better and handsome which i find. Go watch it is quite a comedy and romantic for couples. :heart:

commercial? :think:

So anyone knows where the calligraphy scene was filmed?

BTW I think this is the house they used...
(won't reveal location out of respect to the owners)

27012009245.jpg

Being an obliging husband, I accompanied my wife to watch this movie. I thought it be some blockbuster since Fann has some records of being a Hollywood star. But, to my disappointment, this show is a flop. I don't even understand the gist of the show. Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.