- The Waves and Rocks of Punggol Beach, 11 Jul 07

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
I'd been to Punggol Beach twice before, finally figured out that silky is not always the way to go with waves, I guess. Oh well, enough inane batter, just going to post the photos; colour first, then B&W.

All C&C is welcome. =)

787345103_3a22f8c3ef_o.jpg

787345571_2f6d02a356_o.jpg

788226968_c0b15271b0_o.jpg

788233116_c342eaa197_o.jpg

a good breakthrough. how is the shutter speed? able to fit in people as subjects at such shutter speed?

a good breakthrough. how is the shutter speed? able to fit in people as subjects at such shutter speed?

Yeah, if you're saying what I think you're saying, I finally did something different, was getting bored of my usual type of shots.

Ranged from 1/8 to 1/30, handheld. I was pretty near the rocks due to the use of WA, so wanted to be able to get away from the spray pretty quick.

I suppose you can fit in people, the last shot was because the old man catching clams or something refused to stop moving, so I just left him as a blur and it worked pretty fine I guess, at least for me.

Yeah, if you're saying what I think you're saying, I finally did something different, was getting bored of my usual type of shots.

Ranged from 1/8 to 1/30, handheld. I was pretty near the rocks due to the use of WA, so wanted to be able to get away from the spray pretty quick.

I suppose you can fit in people, the last shot was because the old man catching clams or something refused to stop moving, so I just left him as a blur and it worked pretty fine I guess, at least for me.

i was thinking of a motion capture of a person with a relatively sharp face with background of semi-frozen waves. but not sure of the speed involved.

never good at motion photogrpahy.

i was thinking of a motion capture of a person with a relatively sharp face with background of semi-frozen waves. but not sure of the speed involved.

never good at motion photogrpahy.

Definitely can, so long as your person isn't too weak-legged.

Trouble is, the rocks and spray are a lot smaller than they look, so I'm not exactly sure how high your waves want to be. If standing, they will reach about.. waist level, at the highest tide, they might reach slightly below chest level I guess, with the person in the water.

When i saw this picture, i was like shouting to you at my screen...."Oi...take your camera out!!!!" I think i would love to go there again to venture other sites.....

787345571_2f6d02a356_o.jpg

When i saw this picture, i was like shouting to you at my screen...."Oi...take your camera out!!!!" I think i would love to go there again to venture other sites.....
Haha, yes, had a fun time dancing with the waves, wasn't that bad though, only got my GND splashed. =)

Punggol sites? Yeah, eikin's thread does show quite a number of promising places, but I guess Punggol End Beach/Jetty has the most amount of vantage/views for the sunset.

The sunset on 11th Jul was very very unpredictable!! Was out shooting at pasir ris beach..

Up to about 15mins before the sun set.... the sky was still looking gloomy and cloudy...I almost wanna turn back and not continue shooting..

I reached the beach just as the sun was going down.. spectacular sight! deep orange glow..I ran to the coastline and the sun was 1/4 gone.. The colours in the sky after sunset was :thumbsup: too..

I like your #2.. something different indeed..

The sunset on 11th Jul was very very unpredictable!! Was out shooting at pasir ris beach..

Up to about 15mins before the sun set.... the sky was still looking gloomy and cloudy...I almost wanna turn back and not continue shooting..

I reached the beach just as the sun was going down.. spectacular sight! deep orange glow..I ran to the coastline and the sun was 1/4 gone.. The colours in the sky after sunset was :thumbsup: too..

I like your #2.. something different indeed..
Pasir Ris Beach.. Where's that? I've been to Pasir Ris Park before and I couldn't get a clear view of the sun from there.. =D

Yes, the sky was very cloudy and hazey, until AFTER the sun went down.. Then you got something like #4, but slightly cooler colors. Very beautiful, indeed. =)

Pasir Ris Beach.. Where's that? I've been to Pasir Ris Park before and I couldn't get a clear view of the sun from there.. =D

Yes, the sky was very cloudy and hazey, until AFTER the sun went down.. Then you got something like #4, but slightly cooler colors. Very beautiful, indeed. =)

hmmz.. I decided to go there after seeing bigboy_cad 's thread... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=294722

hmmz... I first went to the part near the fisherman's village.. and realise that facing the sea.. the sun was somewhat at 8oclock position.. den went drove further back to the costa sands/loyang side.. and facing the sea.. you get a very acute angle view of the sun...so not really a front on view of the sunset.. will post some pix in another thread..

if you have a map allowing you to see the shape of Singapore, you will realise why you can view from Changi boardwalk, that part of pasir ris, and punggol... even punggol end also not a front on view of the sunset..

alwiz like your sunset shots.. hope to learn from you someday~ =)

hmmz.. I decided to go there after seeing bigboy_cad 's thread... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=294722

hmmz... I first went to the part near the fisherman's village.. and realise that facing the sea.. the sun was somewhat at 8oclock position.. den went drove further back to the costa sands/loyang side.. and facing the sea.. you get a very acute angle view of the sun...so not really a front on view of the sunset.. will post some pix in another thread..

if you have a map allowing you to see the shape of Singapore, you will realise why you can view from Changi boardwalk, that part of pasir ris, and punggol... even punggol end also not a front on view of the sunset..

alwiz like your sunset shots.. hope to learn from you someday~ =)

Yeah, I know what you mean. In fact, most of the views of the sunset are not front on. Places that I can think of front view would be Raffles Marina, Tuas Beach that area. But very limited compositions and interesting elements to use, hrm.

Ah, Pasir Beach is Pasir Ris Park, just saw your pictures. I know those mangrove trees. My friend living in Pasir Ris told me "can see the sunset", so I thought can see, didn't do research and just went. Spent the whole period between 1830 to 1915 walking along the path until I reached a dead end, trying to find the sun. =( I think the Fishing Pond there can see the sunset straight on, but once again limited composition. Haven't been back there since, hehe.

Thanks for the info, and the kind comments.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.