The Velbon 630 Carbon-Fiber Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Shadus
For those of you looking for alternatives to Gitzo and Manfrotto carbon fibre. A light weight tripod, superbly suitable for travelling... (reviewed in luminous-landscape)

Read it some time ago @ Arcatech webby...just wish it was taller :(

The only reason the Velbon is an option in the USA is because of Gitzo's high price. Singapore prices for Gitzo are relatively low so no reason to get a Velbon CF...

For those of you looking for alternatives to Gitzo and Manfrotto carbon fibre. A light weight tripod, superbly suitable for travelling... (reviewed in luminous-landscape)

what is "Manfrotto Pinch" mentioned in the review??

the author means the clip lock for manfrotto?

well, my finger was pinched by the clip badly the first time i play with it

It's got the best leg clamps I've ever seen, better than both Gitzo and Manfrotto. Shame it's way too short for me and doesn't swing the load I need :(

Originally posted by kamwai
what is "Manfrotto Pinch" mentioned in the review??

the author means the clip lock for manfrotto?

well, my finger was pinched by the clip badly the first time i play with it

yah man.....tat's the PINCH! :eek: the flip-lock

everytime I use my 055C or 190PRO sure get pinched.... :dunno: no matter how much i remind myself not to get my finger in the way...haiz....

Currently using the Velbon Carmagne 530 carbon fibre tripod legs. Love the weight (or lack of it). For me, it's the first tripod that I've actually wanted to carry around with me.

No real experience with other carbon fibre tripods but I did make some brief in-store comparison with several Gitzo and Manfrotto models. Decided on the Velbon legs in the end. I'm not usually impressed with Velbons but their carbon fibre models are something else.

Have been happy with mine so far. :p

Wish it didn't cost so much, but then again all the carbon ones do...

The Velbon Carmagne 630 (3 sections) or 640 (4 sections) can be bought from Alley Photo for S$599. A "Stone Bag" is included: this is the triangular pouch that you can attached between the legs to weigh down the tripod in windy condition. A very nice original Velbon tripod strap is also thrown in as "Free gift". You can check out the site www.alleyphoto.com.

sigh tripod kinda busted...now must get new one....
want something light, stable, cheap...haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.