The 'Vege' Series: Colours of Vegetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

The 'Vege' Series is an on-going personal project on the natural colours of vegetables.

Suggestions, if any, please?
is there any vegetables with some element of BLUE tint?

548201-e.jpg

548202-e.jpg

548203-e.jpg

Hi Cheese

I like first and last 2 pics.

The colour of Brinjal(how do u spell it?) makes it look mysterious..

I love 'capcicorn'(how do u spell it??) The yellow makes the entire picture looks very refreshing..

I love the cabbage green, not too dark, not too light.. looks refreshing too

I'm really lousy with vege terms, forgive me.. :embrass:

Err... how about getting blueberries for your blue? But you may have a tougher time finding them in SG tho :(.

Btw, nice pics :). PM me once you get the blue & I will come visit this thread again :).

yes, very interesting project indeed :thumbsup:

The presentation looks good and you were quite consistent in the use of depth-of-field for all the pictures. Some will say consistent in DOF is good but some will probably say consistent lacks variety, it all depends on how individual views it.

There are few shots that I struggled to find the focused point. Take the chilli and onion pics for example. Were these deliberate?

ordinaryless, yes, brinjal is correct, and it should be capsicum, not "capcicorn". For a moment, I thought you wanted to say popcorn!!! :bsmilie: ;p

nyxx88, blueberry isn't quite so a vegetable for Cheesecake's Vege Project. I don't remember eating a vegetable that is so fruity. But, blueberry cheesecake would be nice! :sweatsm:

oh, forgot to mention that I actually also wanted to do a Vege project in 2002, but it would be in B&W... to bring out and accentuate their natural shapes, patterns and textures.

We will see....

Good series! :thumbsup:

But some shots as mentioned before could do with a little more DOF
Cabbage could have been cut better, remember McD TVC.

the green are refreshing~~~ :) :heart:

very interesting images.

u used a tilt lens?

ordinaryless said:
Hi Cheese

I like first and last 2 pics.

The colour of Brinjal(how do u spell it?) makes it look mysterious..

I love 'capcicorn'(how do u spell it??) The yellow makes the entire picture looks very refreshing..

I love the cabbage green, not too dark, not too light.. looks refreshing too

I'm really lousy with vege terms, forgive me.. :embrass:
hi ordinaryless!

the vege used in the first pic is called Egg Plant. i don;t know if its in any way related to Brinjal? haha

yup, i like the capsicum photo too. ;)

and the cabbage as well...
i used the leaves of the cabbage and had them placed in front of camera. i bought only one cabbage and thus, need to use every leaves of it for the shoot.

and my mum will use the vegetables for her cooking soon!
haha!

nyxx88 said:
Err... how about getting blueberries for your blue? But you may have a tougher time finding them in SG tho :(.

Btw, nice pics :). PM me once you get the blue & I will come visit this thread again :).

hi nyxx88, i'll use the more 'blusih' brinjals for the colour Blue. i can't think of any right now for that particular colour... ;)
when i've time to shoot, i'll update this thread. ;)

thanks for ur support!

jasphotography said:
yes, very interesting project indeed :thumbsup:

The presentation looks good and you were quite consistent in the use of depth-of-field for all the pictures. Some will say consistent in DOF is good but some will probably say consistent lacks variety, it all depends on how individual views it.

There are few shots that I struggled to find the focused point. Take the chilli and onion pics for example. Were these deliberate?

hi jas,

the chilli is focused at the top right hand corner, at the stem of the top chilli.
the onion is focused at a piece of onion flesh close to the center of the photo, just above the caption, The 'Vege' Series.

yes, the focusing were all deliberate. i was finding my way around with the camera and the lens.

ortega said:
Good series! :thumbsup:

But some shots as mentioned before could do with a little more DOF
Cabbage could have been cut better, remember McD TVC.

hi ortega,

my intention is to have as little DOF as possible, just to try and see how things turn out. yes, the cabbage could really need a better cut. haha

anyone knows this?

Lensbabies

its a tilt shift lens.
i don;t own one and have never used one but would like to purchase one and learn to use it creatively.

anyone has any experience on this wonderful equipment? :thumbsup:

any M.O for this?

oops, just realised that it costs over S$100/. from the website above. :confused:

Cheesecake said:
hi jas,

the chilli is focused at the top right hand corner, at the stem of the top chilli.
the onion is focused at a piece of onion flesh close to the center of the photo, just above the caption, The 'Vege' Series.

yes, the focusing were all deliberate. i was finding my way around with the camera and the lens.

thanks for point it out but I still struggle... :confused:

Time for me to change a lens for my eye? Would aspherical be good for me? EX series? L series? AFS VR IF ED? :bsmilie:

Oh yes, I also realised you have applied some perspective control over the pictures, which someone has already pointed out. Which PC or DC lens did you use?

Well done honghong~~~ the cabbage's green is really nice~ your vege color series work for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.