The Unicorn has Finally Appeared - Pentax Announces its FF camera at CP+

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/30...opment-of-long-awaited-full-frame-pentax-dslr

Wooohoo!!!!

full-frame.jpeg

"February 5, 2015
RICOH IMAGING to exhibit a reference product at CP+2015 camera and imaging show

RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the exhibition of a reference product — a digital SLR camera currently under development — at CP+ 2015, one of the largest and most comprehensive camera and imaging shows in Asia. This annual event will be held from February 12 to 15 at the PACIFICO Yokohama convention center in Japan.

Reference Product
Digital SLR camera
Product name: to be decided
K-mount digital SLR camera with a large, 35mm full-frame image sensor
Compatible with DA-series interchangeable lenses, using an image-cropping function
Currently under development for market launch by the end of 2015
Note: The specifications and exterior design of this product are yet to be finalized.

"

Camera will be available at the end of the year.
Seems to be K3 or K20 sized.

Last edited:
Can start saving up for it!!!!

Properly need to start saving ...

Looks like my recently sold 67...nice and i missed it....time to save for my year end gift...:)

Fortunately for me I still keep a few FF lenses, 20-35, 24-50, 50 & 77. Currently I used them on my A7r. So all these can last me until I retire from shooting.

The top of the camera where the prism viewfinder is, looks so sharp and pointy. Wonder how they are going to put the flash hot shoe there? Is that why they name it the Unicorn? :think:

Last edited:
Can throw nx1 Liao zen

Yahoooo! The wait is over, the new journey begins.

Finally! It does look alot like the older medium format camera, as mentioned by Jaiyen.

The top of the camera where the prism viewfinder is, looks so sharp and pointy. Wonder how they are going to put the flash hot shoe there? Is that why they name it the Unicorn? :think:

Dont worry....there is a thing call interchangeable prism :)

If I can nitpick, the only thing I find not nice is it looks damn squarish, especially at the mode dial area there. BUT that's my personal "sexy factor" ah.. Hahaha!

Anyway, if it really is true, then I guess the only thing I can share is, for those who are even giving it 1% consideration of getting it, please, grab whatever A lenses you can right now. Especially those el cheapo A28/2.8, A35/2.8, A50/2 or 1.7, etc..

Coz flippers gonna have a ball of a time soon.. LoL!

Nice! Have the image cropping function for use of DA lenses. Just what I am looking for.:D

Please note that this image of the Pentax FF is from the archives of DPReview(as stated in the DPR news) of a FF Pentax announced in 2001-which did not make it into production.

good news, good time to start saving

If I can nitpick, the only thing I find not nice is it looks damn squarish, especially at the mode dial area there. BUT that's my personal "sexy factor" ah.. Hahaha!

Anyway, if it really is true, then I guess the only thing I can share is, for those who are even giving it 1% consideration of getting it, please, grab whatever A lenses you can right now. Especially those el cheapo A28/2.8, A35/2.8, A50/2 or 1.7, etc..

Coz flippers gonna have a ball of a time soon.. LoL!

Congrats bro....;)

Please note that this image of the Pentax FF is from the archives of DPReview(as stated in the DPR news) of a FF Pentax announced in 2001-which did not make it into production.

Aiyoh, the image on the first post is the current prototype lah....the 2001 prototype looks like the film MZ-S.

It's ok as long as DA lens can be used meaning the FF sensor either shift frontwards or something internal to crop. Well start saving for my target 150-450 also

Thats the below image of the MZ-S FF prototyoe.

The one on the top is the new one.

Fortunately for me I still keep a few FF lenses, 20-35, 24-50, 50 & 77. Currently I used them on my A7r. So all these can last me until I retire from shooting.

Same here bro...hv been keeping some FF lenses till now...i nearly sold my A50 f1.2...lucky man....saving now for FF body :)