The Truth About Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
It is said that the Canadians are one of the luckiest people in the world.

They had the choice of having American Technology, British Culture and French Cuisine.

Instead they chose American Culture, British Cuisine and French Technology.

Enjoy :bsmilie:

not only that...

IMHO, they have one of the best environments around for retiring or even migration...

and i dunno coz i havent been there, but i have friends there telling me how good is it there and etc etc...

sigh....

One thing good about canada. Freedom of Speech !! (we cant do that there...) ;p

and their pizza?:sweat:

stop makin funn of the canadians eyyyy...What's so funny ahbaout themmm eyy? ;)

And they're cute! Well.. At least the ONLY one I personally know is damn cute! ;)

Patryk said:
stop makin funn of the canadians eyyyy...What's so funny ahbaout themmm eyy? ;)

It's ABOOT, not ahbaout. :bsmilie:

eikin said:
i wonder what canadians think of singaporeans :think:

my friend think that singaporeans are robots.... work in concrete jungle and still no complains or what so ever.... :bsmilie:

and he likes to correct me on the word prawns..

me: eh..dun waste the prawns la... now seafood here is expensive... that char koey teow is $3 ok !!

friend: prawns ?? i dun see any prawns.. but i do see shrimps....

me: shrimps ?? where got..... (points to the prawns)
me: Nehhh.. this one is prawn la......

friend: nooo. this is a shrimp dude.. look its sooo freaking small !!!

the conversation lasted for 5mins.. :bsmilie:

reminds me of the time i was in canada for overseas NS training. night time sneaked out with my army friends to get something to eat then realised nothing to eat, no 7-11 no nothing, only got one crappy 24-7 cafe which doesn't seemed to like asians very much lol. then see some people shouting and screaming at one another outside a bar. interesting.

Hi guys.. I am Canadian!! Well, kind of....moved there four years ago and now I am currently in Singapore doing an Intership......

Yeah.. Canada is such a nice place to live... as glennyong said.. is good for retiring...but sometimes can be boring...most places closes at 9pm... so not much night life...For me, I rather live in a city like Singapore or Hong Kong...

haha I will have to disagree with the initial post.. as Canadians dont choose french techonology as they don't import french cars such as peugeot, which sucks ><".....

Cheers

glennyong said:
not only that...

IMHO, they have one of the best environments around for retiring or even migration...

and i dunno coz i havent been there, but i have friends there telling me how good is it there and etc etc...

sigh....

One thing good about canada. Freedom of Speech !! (we cant do that there...) ;p

ermm... freedom of speech?? Singaporeans don't have it here??? :dunno:

It's just a joke :sweat:

Heard the winter there is no joke...;p

tdubs said:
ermm... freedom of speech?? Singaporeans don't have it here??? :dunno:

try critisizing the gov here openly.....

u cant state open peaceful protest, u cant do this. u cant say that. now even they wanna close down blogs and podcast which contains things against the gov.

freedom of speech here ? no way...

not gg to say too much. if not they will take me away and put me behind in a room with no windows...

tdubs said:
Hi guys.. I am Canadian!! Well, kind of....moved there four years ago and now I am currently in Singapore doing an Intership......

Yeah.. Canada is such a nice place to live... as glennyong said.. is good for retiring...but sometimes can be boring...most places closes at 9pm... so not much night life...For me, I rather live in a city like Singapore or Hong Kong...

haha I will have to disagree with the initial post.. as Canadians dont choose french techonology as they don't import french cars such as peugeot, which sucks ><".....

Cheers

sounds good enuff for a person like me.. no need to move around after 7. finish work. go home and sleep. hahahah.... :bsmilie: ..

I love Canadians...

terrence_et_Philip02.jpg

... and their big flappy mouths! ;)

i often called my best friend a slowpoke, by far the most patience guy i met. he is my hubby :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
my friend think that singaporeans are robots.... work in concrete jungle and still no complains or what so ever.... :bsmilie:

and he likes to correct me on the word prawns..

me: eh..dun waste the prawns la... now seafood here is expensive... that char koey teow is $3 ok !!

friend: prawns ?? i dun see any prawns.. but i do see shrimps....

me: shrimps ?? where got..... (points to the prawns)
me: Nehhh.. this one is prawn la......

friend: nooo. this is a shrimp dude.. look its sooo freaking small !!!

the conversation lasted for 5mins.. :bsmilie:

yeah he called prawns shrimps too. heng he never said 'heh bi' :sweatsm: and he keeps correcting me stuffs like dont say maize corn as it's like saying 'corn corn' , and then he pronounces 'flour' as 'flower'. anyway Canadians are known for being patience and corny. and i mean really corny :think:

furrycake said:
yeah he called prawns shrimps too. heng he never said 'heh bi' :sweatsm: and he keeps correcting me stuffs like dont say maize corn as it's like saying 'corn corn' , and then he pronounces 'flour' as 'flower'. anyway Canadians are known for being patience and corny. and i mean really corny :think:

I think Canadians also like their cakes to be furry. At least the ones in Singapore do. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.